AUDI AG is one of the world's leading car manufacturers in the premium and supercar segments. In addition to the models of Audi and Lamborghini, the company also sells vehicles of Bentley, SEAT, Skoda, Volkswagen (VW) Passenger Cars, and VW Commercial Vehicles through its sales subsidiaries. The global network of Audi production sites includes the two German sites in Ingolstadt and Neckarsulm, as well as other production facilities in Hungary, Belgium, China, Brazil, India, Indonesia, Russia, Slovakia, and Spain, including Automobili Lamborghini, a fully owned subsidiary of the company.
The company operates through two business segments: Automotive and Motorcycles.
The Automotive segment encompasses the development, production, assembly and distribution of Audi and Lamborghini brands. The segment also includes the distribution of other brands in Volkswagen group. The segment also comprises other automotive business which includes sales of accessories and spare parts. In FY2016, the Automotive segment reported revenues of E58,587 million, which accounted for 98.8% of the company's total revenue.
Audi operates two production plants in Germany. The Ingolstadt plant is the company's biggest production facility. The car models manufactured in this plant include Audi A3 and A3 Sportback models, the S3, the S3 Sportback, the A5 Sportback and the A5 Coupe, RS 5 Coupe and Q5 models. Audi's Neckarsulm production plant produces A4 Sedan, the A5 and S5 Cabriolet models, the A6 car line, RS7 Sportback, the A7 Sportback and the A8 luxury sedan.
The company's production plant located in Gyor, Hungary develops and manufactures engines for Audi, for other VW Group companies and for third parties. Audi's production site in Belgium (called Audi Brussels) exclusively manufactures the A1 and S1 family of cars. The Q7 and Q3 SUV models are manufactured at the VW Group manufacturing locations in Bratislava (Slovakia) and Martorell (Spain) respectively. The joint venture FAW-Volkswagen Automotive Company, Changchun (China), produces long-wheelbase versions of the A4 Sedan and A6 Sedan, as well as the Q3 and Q5, to supply the local market. Additionally, the plant in Foshan, China produces cars of the A3 family. In Aurangabad, India, the A3 Sedan, the A4 Sedan, A6 Sedan, Q3, Q5 and Q7 models are built for the local market at Skoda Auto India. Automobili Lamborghini, based in the northern Italian town of Sant'Agata Bolognese, manufactures the exclusive Aventador supercar model and Huracan model.
During FY2016, Audi produced 1,903,259 cars, including 1,899,680 models of Audi and 3,579 models of Lamborghini brands. During the same period, the company delivered 2,088,187 vehicles to customers, including 1,867,738 models of Audi, 3,457 vehicles of Lamborghini, and 216,992 vehicles of other VW brands. Out of the total Audi models delivered, the company sold 293,307 vehicles in Germany, 801,116 vehicles in Western Europe (excluding Germany), 591,554 vehicles in China (including Hong Kong), 210,213 vehicles in the US, and 28,452 vehicles in Japan
In addition, through its subsidiary (Audi Hungaria Motor), the company is also engaged in the manufacture of engines for the Audi brand, other VW Group companies and third-party customers. During FY2016, Audi Hungaria Motor produced 1,926,638 engines. In addition, Automobili Lamborghini built 1,200 12-cylinder engines in the year.
The Motorcycles segment includes the development, production, assembly and distribution of Ducati brand motorcycles, including accessories and parts. In FY2016, the Motorcycles segment reported revenues of E730 million, which accounted for 1.2% of the company's total revenue.
Ducati Motor Holding produces all models in its product range at its company headquarters in Bologna, Italy. In addition, it builds motorcycles of the Scrambler, Diavel, Monster, Hypermotard, Multistrada, and Superbike model lines are manufactured at Amphur Pluakdaeng (Thailand). Moreover, the above models are also made at Manaus plant in Brazil on a contract manufacturing basis. In FY2016, Ducati built a total of 56,978 motorcycles worldwide, including 17,697 bikes of Diavel, Monster, and Streetfighter brands; 14,556 bikes of Hypermotard and Multistrada brands; 7,471 bikes of Sport brand were produced and 17,254 Scrambler brand bikes. Additionally, the company delivered 55,451 Ducati bikes in FY2016.
Note: 99.55% of the company's shares are held by Volkswagen.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into six segments, namely Germany, Rest of Europe, Asia Pacific, North America, South America, and Africa. In FY2016, Germany accounted for 21.7% of the company's total revenues, followed by Rest of Europe with 34.4%; Asia Pacific with 23.7%; North America with 18.7%; South America with 1%; and Africa with 0.5%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of AUDI AG in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about AUDI AG listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines AUDI AG’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases AUDI AG’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of AUDI AG’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does AUDI AG operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of AUDI AG?
- How has AUDI AG performed financially from the 2013?
- How does AUDI AG rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are AUDI AG strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are AUDI AG’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of AUDI AG? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years