Atmos Energy Corporation is involved in the regulated natural gas distribution, transmission, and storage businesses, as well as other non-regulated natural gas businesses. The company distributes natural gas through sales and transportation arrangements to over three million residential, commercial, public authority, and industrial customers through six regulated distribution divisions in the service areas. Its services areas are located in Colorado, Kansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, Louisiana, Texas (including the Dallas/Fort Worth), Mississippi, and West Texas.
The company operates through three segments: the regulated distribution segment, non-regulated segment, and regulated pipeline.
Atmos Energy's regulated distribution segment includes the regulated natural gas distribution and related sales operations. The segment is comprised of six regulated natural gas distribution divisions including, Atmos Energy Colorado-Kansas division; Atmos Energy Kentucky/Mid-States division; Atmos Energy Louisiana division; Atmos Energy Mid-Tex division; Atmos Energy Mississippi division; and Atmos Energy West Texas division. The company's natural gas supply comes from a variety of third party providers and from gas held in storage. As of September 30, 2016, the company held 1,003 franchises.
Through the Colorado-Kansas division, the company serves approximately 170 communities throughout Colorado and Kansas. The Kentucky/Mid-States division operates in 230 communities across Kentucky, Tennessee, and Virginia. In Louisiana, the company serves nearly 280 communities and in West Texas division the company serves around 80 communities across Amarillo, Lubbock, and Midland. Through the Mid-Tex division, the company serves approximately 550 incorporated and unincorporated communities in the Texas, including the Dallas/Fort Worth. Additionally, Atmos Energy's Mississippi division serves about 110 communities.
The non-regulated segment includes the non-regulated natural gas management, non-regulated natural gas transmission, storage and other services. The non-regulated activities are conducted through Atmos Energy Holdings (AEH), which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Atmos Energy and operates primarily in the Midwest and Southeast areas of the US. AEH's primary business is to buy, sell and deliver natural gas and provide related services by aggregating and purchasing gas supply, arranging transportation and storage logistics, and effectively managing commodity price risk. The company owns 111 miles of transmission and gathering lines through the non- regulated segment.
The regulated pipeline segment includes the pipeline and storage operations of the Atmos Pipeline in Texas (APT) division. The division is one of the largest intrastate pipeline operations in Texas with a heavy concentration in the established natural gas-producing areas of central, northern and eastern Texas, extending into or near the major producing areas of the Barnett Shale, the Texas Gulf Coast and the Delaware and Val Verde Basins of West Texas. APT's primary business is providing firm transportation and storage services for the Mid-Tex division and other local distribution companies. APT also provides ancillary services customary to the pipeline industry including parking arrangements, lending and sales of inventory on hand. Atmos Energy's natural gas distribution business owns 70,218 miles of underground distribution and transmission mains throughout its gas distribution systems. Through the regulated pipeline segment the company owned 5,466 miles of gas transmission gathering lines.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Atmos Energy Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Atmos Energy Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Atmos Energy Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Atmos Energy Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Atmos Energy Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Atmos Energy Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Atmos Energy Corporation?
- How has Atmos Energy Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Atmos Energy Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Atmos Energy Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Atmos Energy Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Atmos Energy Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years