Atlas Copco AB is a provider of industrial productivity solutions. Its products and services include compressors, vacuum solutions, air treatment systems, construction and mining equipment, power tools, and assembly systems. As of 31 December 2016, the company had business presence in 180 countries worldwide and own customer centers in 90 countries. The company operates through four business segments: compressor technique, mining and rock excavation technique, construction technique, and industrial technique.
The compressor technique segment develops, manufactures, markets, distributes, and services industrial compressors, gas and process compressors and expanders, vacuum solutions, air and gas treatment equipment and air management systems. The segment consists of seven sub-divisions: compressor technique service, industrial air, oil-free air, vacuum solutions, gas and process, medical air solutions, and airtec. The business area has a global service network and serves the manufacturing, oil and gas, and process industries.
The company's principal product development and manufacturing units are located in Belgium, the US, China, South Korea, Germany, Italy and the UK. As of 31 December 2016, the compressor technique segment received orders worth SEK50,536 million and contributed revenue of SEK49,991 million or 49.1% of the company’s total revenue, including common group functions revenue. Atlas' mining and rock excavation technique business segment provides equipment for drilling and rock excavation, as well as a complete range of related consumables and service for surface and underground mining, infrastructure, civil works, well drilling and geotechnical applications.
The segment consists of six divisions: mining and rock excavation technique, underground rock excavation, surface and exploration drilling, drilling solutions, rock drilling tools, and Rocktec. The segment's principal product development and manufacturing units are located in Sweden, the US, Canada, China and India. As of 31 December 2016, the mining and rock excavation technique segment received orders worth SEK25,565 million and contributed revenue of SEK25,043 million or 24.6% of the company’s total revenue, including common group functions revenue. The construction technique business segment offers construction and demolition tools, portable compressors, pumps and generators, lighting towers, and compaction and paving equipment.
The segment offers solutions for sustainable productivity in infrastructure, civil works, oil and gas, energy, drilling and road construction projects. This segment is divided into five sub-divisions: construction technique service, specialty rental, portable energy, road construction equipment, and construction tools. Its principal product development and manufacturing units are located in Belgium, Germany, Sweden, the US, China, India and Brazil. In January 2017, Atlas agreed to sell its road construction equipment division to Fayat Group, an industrial and construction firm in France. As of 31 December 2016, the construction technique business segment received orders worth SEK12,110 million and contributed revenue of SEK11,794 million or 11.6% of the company’s total revenue, including common group functions revenue.
The industrial technique business segment provides industrial power tools and systems, assembly solutions, quality assurance products, and software and services through a global network. The segment serves customers in the automotive and general industries, maintenance, and in vehicle service. This segment is divided into five sub-divisions: industrial technique service; MVI tools and assembly systems; general industry tools and assembly systems; Chicago pneumatic tools; and industrial assembly solutions. The segment's principal product development and manufacturing units are located in Sweden, Germany, the US, France, the UK, and Japan. As of 31 December 2016, the industrial technique business segment received orders worth SEK15,112 million and contributed revenue of SEK15,017 million or 14.7% of the company’s total revenue, including common group functions revenue. In August 2016, the group established Vacuum Technique, a new business operational from January 1, 2017. Geographically, the company classifies its business operations into five regions: Asia/Australia, Europe, North America, Africa/Middle East, and South America. In FY2016, these regions are accounted for 30.5%, 30.0%, 24.1%, 8.9%, and 6.5% of the company’s total revenue respectively.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Atlas Copco AB in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Atlas Copco AB listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Atlas Copco AB’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Atlas Copco AB’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Atlas Copco AB’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Atlas Copco AB operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Atlas Copco AB?
- How has Atlas Copco AB performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Atlas Copco AB rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Atlas Copco AB strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Atlas Copco AB’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Atlas Copco AB? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years