ASX is an Australia-based financial market exchange that offers a range of services, including listings, trading, clearing and settlement. The group operates across multiple asset classes, such as equities, fixed income, derivatives and managed funds. ASX operates in Australia, Chicago, London and Hong Kong.
The group operates through four business activities: Listings and Issuer Services, Trading Services, Equity Post-Trade Services, and Derivatives and Over-The-Counter (OTC) Markets.
ASX's Listings and Issuer Services includes improvement of Australia’s attractiveness as a market to list and raise capital, development of an investment supermarket of products and services, and provision of efficiency to issuers and investors. The group provides a range of services to issuers of capital, including the generation of security holding statements and other shareholder and sub-register services. ASX also provides its mFund settlement service to access unlisted funds. In FY2016, the Listings and Issuer Services segment reported revenues of AUD194.3 million, which accounted for 26.0% of the company's total revenue, excluding others.
The group's Trading Services comprises the trading of securities in the cash market as well as the information and technical services offered by ASX. ASX provides information and technical services to its clients to support their secondary market activities. Information services include the provision of real-time market data for the cash and derivative markets, company news, and index and other reference data. Technical services provides liquidity access through ASX platforms, community and connectivity services including a secure low latency communication network through ASX Net, application services including terminals to access ASX platforms, and hosting of customer infrastructure within the ASX Australian Liquidity Centre (ALC). In FY2016, the Trading Services segment reported revenues of AUD183.8 million, which accounted for 24.6% of the company's total revenue.
ASX's Equity Post-Trade Services provides critical risk management services to financial market participants and investors. The group is a provider of clearing and settlement services for ASX-listed securities traded in Australia’s cash market. In FY2016, the Equity Post-Trade Services segment reported revenues of AUD102.0 million, which accounted for 13.6% of the company's total revenue.
The group's Derivatives and Over-The-Counter (OTC) Markets offers exchange-traded derivatives, including the trading and clearing of futures and options on futures on interest rate, equity index, agricultural and energy contracts, as well as exchange-traded options over individual securities. In FY2016, the Derivatives and OTC Markets segment reported revenues of AUD266.2 million, which accounted for 35.6% of the company's total revenue.
*Segments revenues considered from the annual report.
ASX's customers include around 2,200 listed entities, over 180 intermediaries in the cash equities and derivatives markets, other market operators, and a range of settlement participants and market data vendors. These customers provide services to end investors, including Australia's corporations, asset managers, such as superannuation funds, professional traders and retail investors.
The group also provides various services through the subsidiaries, including Australian Securities Exchange Limited (Australian Securities Exchange), ASX Clearing Corporation Limited (ASX Clearing Corporation), ASX Settlement Corporation Limited (ASX Settlement Corporation) and ASX Compliance Pty Limited (ASX Compliance).
Australian Securities Exchange and ASX Limited are licensed to operate financial markets services. ASX Clearing Corporation Trust manages the cash of the two central counterparty clearing subsidiaries. ASX Settlement Limited are licensed to operate clearing and settlement facilities. ASX Compliance services are provided to the group for the ongoing monitoring and enforcement of compliance with the ASX operating rules.
The group's other subsidiaries include ASX Operations Pty Limited, SFE Corporation Limited (SFE), ASX Futures Exchange Pty Limited, ASX Long-Term Incentive Plan Trust and ASX Energy Limited.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of ASX Limited in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about ASX Limited listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines ASX Limited’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases ASX Limited’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of ASX Limited’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does ASX Limited operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of ASX Limited?
- How has ASX Limited performed financially from the 2013?
- How does ASX Limited rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are ASX Limited strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are ASX Limited’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of ASX Limited? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years