AstraZeneca is focused on the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and biological products in the therapeutics areas of cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, infection, neuroscience, oncology and respiratory. The company operates in the Americas, Europe, Asia and other regions of the world. AstraZeneca has one business segment: biopharmaceuticals.
It focuses in various therapeutic areas, namely, cardiovascular (CV) and metabolic; oncology; respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity; infection, neuroscience and gastrointestinal; and other. The company's CV products include Crestor (rosuvastatin calcium), Atacand/Atacand HCT/Atacand Plus (candesartan cilexetil), Seloken/Toprol-XL (metoprolol succinate); Plendil (felodipine); Zestril (lisinopril dihydrate); Axanum (acetylsalicylic acid and esomeprazole); Brilinta/Brilique (ticagrelor); Tenormin (atenolol); and Zestril (lisinopril dihydrate). AstraZeneca's metabolic products are Byetta (exenatide injection) and Bydureon (exenatide extended release injectable suspension); Bydureon Pen (exenatide extended-release for injectable suspension); Forxiga/Farxiga (dapagliflozin); Kombiglyze XR (saxagliptin and metformin XR); Komboglyze (saxagliptin and metformin HCl); Onglyza (saxagliptin); Symlin (pramlintide acetate); Xigduo (dapagliflozin and metformin hydrochloride); Xigduo XR (dapagliflozin and metformin hydrochloride extended-release); and Myalept (metreleptin for injection). The company's oncology products include Arimidex (anastrozole); Faslodex (fulvestrant); Casodex (bicalutamide); Zoladex (goserelin acetate implant); Iressa (gefitinib); Nolvadex (tamoxifen citrate); Caprelsa (vandetanib); and Lynparza (olaparib). In the respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity therapeutic area, the company markets the following products for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and/or asthma: Bricanyl Turbuhaler (terbutaline in a dry powder inhaler) Symbicort pMDI (budesonide/formoterol in a pressurised metered-dose inhaler), Pulmicort Turbuhaler (budesonide in a dry powder inhaler), Pulmicort Respules (budesonide inhalation suspension), Oxis Turbuhaler (formoterol in a dry powder inhaler) and Accolate (zafirlukast), Duaklir Genuair (aclidinium/formoterol), Eklira Genuair /Tudorza/Bretaris (aclidinium, a LAMA). The company also offers Rhinocort (budesonide), a nasal steroid treatment for allergic rhinitis (hay fever), perennial rhinitis and nasal polyps. AstraZeneca's gastrointestinal products include Prilosec (omeprazole; Losec outside the US), Nexium (esomeprazole); and Entocort (budesonide). In the neuroscience therapeutic area, AstraZeneca offers psychiatry products, Seroquel IR (an immediate release formulation of quetiapine fumarate); Seroquel XR (an extended release formulation of quetiapine fumarate); Diprivan (propofol); EMLA (lidocaine and prilocaine); Naropin (ropivacaine); Vimovo (naproxen/esomeprazole magnesium); Xylocaine (lidocaine); and Zomig (zolmitriptan). In the infection and other therapeutic area, the company offers Synagis (palivizumab); Cubicin (daptomycin), Merrem/Meronem (meropenem) and Zinforo (ceftaroline fosamil). The company also offers influenza vaccines, FluMist/Fluenz and FluMist Quadrivalent/Fluenz Tetra.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of AstraZeneca PLC in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about AstraZeneca PLC listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines AstraZeneca PLC’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases AstraZeneca PLC’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of AstraZeneca PLC’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does AstraZeneca PLC operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of AstraZeneca PLC?
- How has AstraZeneca PLC performed financially from the 2013?
- How does AstraZeneca PLC rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are AstraZeneca PLC strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are AstraZeneca PLC’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of AstraZeneca PLC? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years