Ascena manages and operates a chain of women's specialty stores that offer, among others, apparel, accessories, footwear, intimates and lifestyle products. The company, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, offers the following principal retail brands: ANN, Justice, Lane Bryant, maurices, dressbarn and Catherines. As of July 30, 2016, Ascena operated nearly 4,900 stores across the US, Canada and Puerto Rico.
The company operates through six segments: ANN, Lane Bryant, Justice, maurices, dressbarn and Catherines.
The ANN segment includes 1,022 specialty retail and outlet stores, e-commerce operations and certain licensed franchises in international territories. These stores allow customers to shop in over 100 countries and are located in mall locations, lifestyle centers and outlet centers. ANN sells modern feminine classics and versatile fashion choices primarily under the Ann Taylor, LOFT and Lou & Grey brands. The segment also operates ‘www.anntaylor.com’, ‘www.LOFT.com’ and ‘www.louandgrey.com’ e-commerce websites.
The Lane Bryant segment consists of specialty retail and outlet stores, and e-commerce operations offering merchandise under the Lane Bryant and Cacique private labels and select national brands. These brands offer fashionable apparel, intimate apparel, wear-to-work and casual sportswear, accessories, select footwear and social occasion apparel to female customers in plus-sizes ranging from 14 to 28. This segment operates ‘www.lanebryant.com’ and ‘www.cacique.com’ e-commerce websites. The company operates 772 Lane Bryant stores. These stores are located in mall locations, strip shopping centers, lifestyle centers and outlet centers.
The Justice segment consists of specialty retail and outlet stores, e-commerce operations, and certain licensed franchises in international territories. The Justice brand offers fashionable apparel to girls aged six to 12 years. Ascena's Justice stores offer a broad assortment of apparel, accessories, footwear, intimates and lifestyle products, including cosmetics, bedroom furnishings and electronics. This segment operates www.shopjustice.com website. The company operates 937 Justice stores. These stores are located in mall locations, strip shopping centers, lifestyle centers and outlet centers.
The maurices segment consists of specialty retail and outlet stores, and e-commerce operations offering merchandise under maurices brand name. The maurices product line consists of women's casual clothing, career wear, dressy apparel, active wear and accessories. This segment operates www.maurices.com e-commerce website. The company operates 993 maurices stores. These stores are usually located near large discount and department stores.
The dressbarn segment consists of specialty retail and outlet stores, and e-commerce operations offering moderate-to-better quality career, special occasion and casual fashion for women. This segment operates e-commerce website www.dressbarn.com. The company operates 809 dressbarn stores. These stores are mainly located in convenient strip shopping centers in major trading and high-density markets, and in surrounding suburban areas.
The Catherines segment consists of specialty retail stores, and e-commerce operations offering a full range of plus sizes (16-34) and extended sizes (28-34). The segment offers classic apparel and accessories to female customers for wear-to-work and casual lifestyles. This segment operates the e-commerce website www.catherines.com. The company operates 373 Catherines stores. These stores are mainly located in strip shopping centers.
The company has a distribution center in Etna Township, Ohio; and a fulfillment center in Greencastle, Indiana. The Etna facility, with 695,000 square feet capacity, centralizes all of the company's brick-and-mortar store distribution into one location. The Greencastle facility, with 903,000 square feet capacity, serves as the distribution and fulfillment center for all of the company's e-commerce operations.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Ascena Retail Group, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Ascena Retail Group, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Ascena Retail Group, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Ascena Retail Group, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Ascena Retail Group, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Ascena Retail Group, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Ascena Retail Group, Inc.?
- How has Ascena Retail Group, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Ascena Retail Group, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Ascena Retail Group, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Ascena Retail Group, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Ascena Retail Group, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years