Asahi Kasei Corporation is a diversified company operating a range of businesses. The businesses include chemicals, fibers, construction materials, electronics, housing and health care. The company operates in Japan, China and other regions. The company operates through four business segments: Chemicals and Fibers; Homes and Construction Materials; Health Care; and Electronics.
The Chemicals and Fibers segment is further divided into two businesses: chemicals, and fibers. The chemicals business manufactures, processes and sells petrochemical products such as nitric acid, caustic soda, acrylonitrile, styrene, methyl methacrylate (MMA), acrylic resin, Suntec polyethylene, and polystyrene; performance polymer products such as Stylac-AS styrene-acrylonitrile, Stylac-ABS acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene, Tenac polyacetal, Xyron modified polyphenylene ether (mPPE), adipic acid, Leona polyamide 66, and synthetic rubber; and specialty products such as coating materials, latex, Ceolus microcrystalline cellulose, explosives, explosion-bonded metal clad, Microza UF and MF membranes and systems, ion-exchange membranes and electrolysis systems, Saran Wrap cling film, Ziploc storage bags, and plastic films, sheets, and foams. Under the fibers business, the company manufactures, processes and sells Roica elastic polyurethane filament, Bemberg cupro fiber, nonwoven fabrics such as Eltas spunbonds and Lamous artificial suede, and Leona nylon 66 filament.
In FY2016, the Chemicals and Fibers segment reported revenues of JPY835,582 million, which accounted for 43.1% of the company's total revenue. Homes and Construction Materials segment is further divided into two businesses: home, and construction. The home business of the company constructs Hebel Haus unit homes and Hebel Maison apartments, and operates the real estate businesses such as management of Hebel Maison rental units, Atlas condominiums, Hebel Town housing developments, and brokerage of used Hebel Haus homes; remodeling businesses such as exterior wall refurbishing, reroofing, redesign, interior renovation, and solar panel installation; and financial and other services such as mortgage financing. The construction materials business is engaged in producing and selling Hebel and Hebel Powerboard autoclaved aerated concrete (AAC) panels, Neoma and Jupii phenolic foam insulation panels, Eazet, ATT Column, and other piling systems, and BasePack column base attachment systems.
In FY2016, the Homes and Construction Materials segment reported revenues of JPY632,418 million, which accounted for 32.6% of the company's total revenue. The Health Care segment is further divided into two businesses: healthcare, and critical care. Under the healthcare business, the company manufactures and sells pharmaceuticals such as Teribone, Recomodulin, Elcitonin, Flivas, Toledomin, and Bredinin; Lucica GA-L assay kits, L-series enriched liquid diets, APS polysulfone-membrane artificial kidneys, therapeutic apheresis devices, Planova virus removal filters, and Sepacell leukocyte reduction filters. Under the critical care business, the company manufactures and sells defibrillators for medical professionals, LifeVest wearable defibrillators, ZOLL AED Plus automated external defibrillators, and IVTM—Thermogard XP intravascular temperature management systems. In FY2016, the Health Care segment reported revenues of JPY285,404 million, which accounted for 14.7% of the company's total revenue.
The electronics segment manufactures and sells Hipore Li-ion battery separators, lead-acid battery separators, photomask pellicles, APR photosensitive resin and printing plate making systems, Pimel photosensitive polyimide precursor, Sunfort photosensitive dry film, mixed-signal large scale integrated circuits (LSIs), Hall elements, and glass fabric for printed wiring boards. In FY2016, the Electronics segment reported revenues of JPY174,477 million, which accounted for 9% of the company’s total revenue. Besides these four business segments, the company also has other businesses, including plant engineering and environmental engineering, research and analysis, and employment agency and staffing operations.
In FY2016, other businesses of the company reported revenues of JPY13,032 million, which accounted for 0.6% of the company’s total revenue. Geographically, the company classifies its operations into three segments, namely Japan, China, and Other Regions. In FY2016, Japan segment accounted for 65% of the company’s total revenues, followed by China with 9.5%; and Other Regions with 25.5%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Asahi Kasei Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Asahi Kasei Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Asahi Kasei Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Asahi Kasei Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Asahi Kasei Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Asahi Kasei Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Asahi Kasei Corporation?
- How has Asahi Kasei Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Asahi Kasei Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Asahi Kasei Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Asahi Kasei Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Asahi Kasei Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years