Asahi Glass Co., Ltd. is a Japan based glass manufacturing company. The company focuses on flat glass, automotive glass, display, electronics and energy, and chemicals industries. AGC has manufacturing bases in Japan and Asia, Europe and the Americas. The company operates through four business segments: Glass, Chemicals, Electronics, and Ceramics/Other. The Glass segment is divided into two businesses: flat glass and automotive glass. In the flat glass business, AGC offers a range of glass products, including float glass, low-emissivity (Low-E) glass, double glazing glass for solar, control/heat-insulation, safety glass, decorative glass, and glass for solar power systems.
In the automotive glass business, AGC offers tempered automotive glass and the laminated automotive glass. In FY2016, the Glass segment reported revenues of JPY679,071 million, which accounted for 52.9% of the company's total revenue. The Chemicals segment comprises the chlor-alkali and urethane business, and the fluorine and specialty chemicals business. The chlor-alkali and urethane business produces products such as raw materials for vinyl chloride monomer and polymer, caustic soda and urethane-related products centering on polyols.
The fluorochemicals and specialty chemicals business offers fluorochemicals, primarily fluoropolymers, fluorinated water and oil repellents, pharmaceutical and agrochemical intermediates and active ingredients, and Iodine-related products. In FY2016, the Chemicals segment reported revenues of JPY314,392 million, which accounted for 24.5% of the company's total revenue. The Electronics segment is made up of display business, electronics materials, and applied glass materials. The display business consists of glass substrates for thin film transistor liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCDS). The electronic materials business is engaged in the production of tone correction filters for digital cameras, chemical-mechanical planarization (CMP) slurry, synthetic quartz glass, glass frit and paste and glass molded lenses. The applied glass materials business consists of cover and thin glass for electronic devices, glass for light guide plates, and glass for photovoltaic devices.
In FY2016, the Electronics segment reported revenues of JPY257,069 million, which accounted for 20% of the company's total revenue. The Ceramics/Other segment comprises of ceramics such as refractory materials, fine ceramics, and sputtering targets; and a range of service-related businesses that include logistics and engineering. In FY2016, the Ceramics/Other segment reported revenues of JPY32,037 million, which accounted for 2.5% of the company's total revenue.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Asahi Glass Co., Ltd. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Asahi Glass Co., Ltd. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Asahi Glass Co., Ltd. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.?
- How has Asahi Glass Co., Ltd. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Asahi Glass Co., Ltd. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Asahi Glass Co., Ltd. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years