ARRIS International plc is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of set-top boxes, digital video and internet protocol television (IPTV) distribution systems, broadband access infrastructure platforms, and associated data and voice customer premises equipment (CPE). The company offers a wide range of services, including technical support, repair and refurbishment, and system design and integration. The company has operations across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. ARRIS operates through two business segments: customer premises equipment, and network and cloud.
The Customer Premises Equipment segment of the company includes set-top boxes, gateways, digital subscriber line (DSL) and cable modem, and embedded multimedia terminal adapter (E-MTA) and voice/data modems. The company's subscriber premises equipment include DSL and cable modems, which connects to the cable or telco network to receive and transmit digital information between subscriber-owned devices and the service provider's headend or central office, providing Internet connectivity. It also offers E-MTA and voice/data modems, which provides telephone service from the service provider throughout the home.
In FY2016, the Customer Premises equipment segment reported revenue of US$4,747.4 million, which accounted for 69% of the company’s total revenue. The Network and Cloud segment of the company offers cable modem termination system (CMTS)/converged cable access platform (CCAP) solutions which include cable operator headend equipment that communicates with cable modems to control the flow of data and allocates shared bandwidth and prioritizes and routes traffic. ARRIS also offers video infrastructure, including multichannel video programming distributors (MVPD) and programmer equipment that processes and packages video content for delivery over the service provider network to be received by a set-top box or gateway.
The access and transport products include equipment in the ground or on transmission poles between service providers' headend and subscribers' premises, and the equipment used to initiate the distribution of content-carrying signals. The segment's global services include technical support, professional services, and system integration offerings to provide new solutions and services.
The company's cloud solutions include software products that enable providers to securely deliver user experiences; multi-screen recommendation, offer management, and advertising services; network management products that collect information from the broadband network and apply analytics to diagnose faults and improve performance. It also offers customer experience management solutions to the service providers to manage and dispatch field technicians; and network surveillance and issue correlation software and services.
In FY2016, the Network and Cloud segment reported revenue of US$2,111.7 million, which accounted for 31% of the company’s total revenue. The company sells its products to facilities-based cable, telco and satellite multi-channel video service providers. The three largest customers of the company include AT&T, Charter and Comcast. In FY2016, Comcast and affiliates accounted for 24% of the company’s total revenue followed by Charter and affiliates with 15.6% and AT&T and affiliates with 13.2%. The company has been focusing on innovations through R&D activities in order to keep pace with the changing technology.
Through innovation, ARRIS has developed many solutions such as CCAP, Fiber Deep, DOCSIS3.1, HD-DVR, WholeHome DVR/media server, in-home and metro Wi-Fi, IoT and 4K/UHD. The company operates its research and development laboratories in the US, India, Ireland, Sweden, Canada, France, the UK and China. In FY2016, the company spent US$584.9 million for R&D activities, which accounted for 8.6% of the company’s total revenue.
ARRIS has manufacturing facilities in Taiwan, Mexico and Brazil and has contract manufacturers in Brazil, China, Malaysia, Mexico, South Africa, Thailand and the US. It distributes hardware and installation products through regional warehouses in California, North Carolina, and Washington in the US. Internationally, it distributes through regional warehouses in Australia, Germany and Japan, and through drop shipments from the contract manufacturers across the world. Geographically, the company classifies its operation into four regions: the US, the Americas (excluding the US), EMEA and Asia Pacific. In FY2016, the US region reported revenue of US$4,909.7 million, which accounted for 71.9% of the company’s total revenue followed by the Americas, excluding the US with US$982.8 million (14.4%), EMEA with US$645.1 million (9.4%) and Asia Pacific with US$291.5 million (4.3%).
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Arris International Plc in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Arris International Plc listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Arris International Plc’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Arris International Plc’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Arris International Plc’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Arris International Plc operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Arris International Plc?
- How has Arris International Plc performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Arris International Plc rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Arris International Plc strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Arris International Plc’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Arris International Plc? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years