Arnoldo Mondadori Editore is a publishing company. The group is involved in publishing of books and magazines. Mondadori's activities also include advertising, digital, radio, retailing and direct marketing. The group operates in Europe. The group operates its business through three segments: Books, Magazines Italy, Magazines France, and Retail. Mondadori's Books segment is engaged in publishing of fiction and non-fiction, paperbacks and children's books. It operates through four publishing houses: Edizioni Mondadori, Giulio Einaudi editore, Edizioni Piemme and Sperling & Kupfer. The group is also active in educational publishing, art books, the management of museum concessions and the organization and management of exhibitions.
Mondadori Education serves the school textbook market in Italy and Mondadori Electa is a publishing company for art and illustrated books. In FY2016, the Books segment reported revenues of EUR475.1 million, which accounted for 37.6% of the company's total revenue. The group's Magazines Italy segment publishes women's magazine, weekly magazine, and news magazine. Its brands include altervista, androidworld, CASABELLA, CASA facile, Chi, Confidenze, Cook, Cucina MODERNA, Focus, and others. In FY2016, the Magazines Italy segment reported revenues of EUR310.8 million, which accounted for 24.6% of the company's total revenue. Mondadori's Magazines France segment brands include Auto Plus, Auto Plus Classiques, Auto Plus Occasions, BIBA, Closer, GRAZIA, Veillees, MODES & TRAVAUX, and PleineVie.
In FY2016, the Magazines France segment reported revenues of EUR321.6 million, which accounted for 25.5% of the company's total revenue. The group's retail segment operates through a subsidiary, Mondadori Retail, which consists of a network of approximately 600 stores with four store formats (Megastore, Bookstore, Point and Club) and four sales channels (direct sales outlets, franchises, the web and book clubs). In FY2016, the Retail segment reported revenues of EUR199.6 million, which accounted for 15.8% of the company's total revenue. Geographically, the company classifies its operations into four segments, namely Italy, France, Other EU countries, Other extra EU countries.
In FY2016, Italy segment accounted for 70.8% of the company's total revenues, followed by France with 24.9%; Other EU countries with 1.7%; and Other extra EU countries with 2.6%. The group is also engaged in the provision of direct marketing services through its subsidiary, Cemit Interactive Media. The group publishes the Il Giornale daily through Societa Europea di Edizioni. Mondadori also operates R101, a commercial radio broadcaster. The group is also involved in advertising through a subsidiary, Mondadori Pubblicita. It manages advertising sales for all titles, internet sites and the national radio network R101 of the group, as well as the titles and web sites of third-party publishers and the national radio broadcaster Radio KissKiss, Radio Italia Solo Musica Italiana (national), Radio Subasio (central Italy) and Radio Norba (south Italy). Mondadori Pubblicita also manages the advertising sales for the national daily Il Foglio for Famiglia Cristiana and Vivere in Armonia Club 3.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A.?
- How has Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Arnoldo Mondadori Editore S.p.A.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years