ARM Holdings plc is a semiconductor intellectual property (IP) company that designs processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, digital TV’s, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things (IoT). The company has global presence with significant operations in the UK, China, France, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Ireland, Hungary, Slovenia, Belgium, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, India and the US.
The company operates through a single operating segment. ARM product offering includes microprocessor cores, physical IP, development tools, enterprise software and support and maintenance services.
Microprocessor cores offered by the company include specific functions such as video, graphics, display technology and Bluetooth radio IP. ARM architecture processors offer a range of performance options in the ARM7 family, ARM9 family, ARM11 family, ARM Cortex family and ARM SecurCore family. ARM7 family comprises low power, general purpose 32-bit microprocessor cores suitable for portable telecommunications. It is also used in cost-sensitive embedded control applications and digital cellular telephone market. ARM9 family comprises a range of microprocessors in the 150-250 megahertz (MHz) range. Each processor is designed for a specific application or function, such as an application processor for a feature phone or running a wireless fidelity (WiFi) protocol stack. The company's ARM11 family comprises a range of microprocessors in the 300-600MHz range; each designed for a specific application or function such as an application processor for a smartphone or controlling the engine management system in a car. ARM Cortex family of processors is split into three series, including A Series targeting applications processors running complex operating systems; R Series targeting real time deeply embedded markets and running real time operating systems (RTOSs); and M Series addressing the needs of the low cost microcontroller markets.
ARM is engaged in the development of graphics accelerator IP and software for semiconductor system-on-chip (SoC) vendors. The company's three dimensional (3D) graphic solutions find applications in mobile phones, portable media players, set-top boxes, handheld gaming devices and infotainment systems (including automotive). In addition, ARM develops video processor and display technology IP, which combined with the company's graphics IP provides customers with an integrated multimedia platform, employed in devices such as mobile computers, portable media players and digital televisions (TVs).
ARM offers physical IP components for the design and manufacture of integrated circuits (ICs), including SoCs. ARM Artisan physical IP products comprise embedded memory, standard cell and input/output components which are designed to provide the customers' desired combination of performance, density, power and yield for a given manufacturing process. It also includes a portfolio of analog and mixed-signal products. The company licenses its products to customers for the design and manufacture of ICs used in complex, high-volume applications, such as portable computing devices, communication systems, cellular phones, microcontrollers, consumer multimedia products, automotive electronics, personal computers (PCs) and workstations, among others. The company's physical IP products include logic and memory products such as random access memories, read only memories and register files; processor optimization packs (POP IPs); and silicon on insulator (SOI) products.
The development tools and platforms offered by the company are used to build, simulate, execute, debug and optimize software for ARM processors. ARM's portfolio of development tools include Fast Models and Cycle Models, Development Boards, ARM Development Studio and Keil tools. ARM Fast Models are simulation models of ARM processors and system IP used to build virtual prototype of client's system. ARM Cycle Models are used to create virtual prototypes used for SoC architectural exploration and software optimization ahead of silicon availability. ARM Development Boards provide early hardware implementations of ARM processors, graphics processors and system IP on test chips used for early software development and benchmarking. The company's ARM Development Studio is an integrated suite of software development tools that includes a graphical development environment, build tools that translate high-level code into instructions that can be executed by an ARM processor, a debugger for fixing mistakes in the code, and performance analysis tools for improving the performance and power efficiency of the software. In addition, the company provides Keil Microcontroller Development Kit, an integrated toolsuite focused on software development on Cortex-M processor-based catalogue microcontrollers.
ARM is currently developing its first generation of enterprise software products licensed to enterprises that will be run on their own servers and data centers. ARM’s mbed Device Server is a middleware that connects the IoT devices to web applications and enables secure communication and device management for quickly developing and deploying enterprise applications based on open standards.
ARM also provides support and maintenance services under its license agreements to its semiconductor partners as well as ARM product-related training. The company also provides training services from its overseas offices, local to their customers’ engineering teams.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of ARM Holdings plc in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about ARM Holdings plc listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines ARM Holdings plc’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases ARM Holdings plc’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of ARM Holdings plc’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does ARM Holdings plc operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of ARM Holdings plc?
- How has ARM Holdings plc performed financially from the 2013?
- How does ARM Holdings plc rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are ARM Holdings plc strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are ARM Holdings plc’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of ARM Holdings plc? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years