Arkema SA is a France-based chemical company that manufactures and markets diversified chemical products. The company offers its products to the construction, packaging, chemical, automotive, electronics, food and pharmaceutical industries. Arkema operates in Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East, and the Americas. The company operates through three business segments: high performance materials, industrial specialties and coating solutions. Arkema's high performance materials segment includes specialty adhesives, technical polymers and performance additives. Specialty adhesives consist of adhesives and sealants that are used in industry, hygiene products (non-woven), construction and consumer products.
The company's technical polymers include two activities: specialty polyamides and polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF). The specialty polyamides are used in the automotive, aerospace, aeronautics, oil and gas and electronics industries, and in consumer goods (sports and cosmetics). Its PVDF is used in chemical engineering, paint and anti-corrosive coating production, oil and gas extraction, photovoltaic panels, lithium-ion batteries and water treatment membranes. Performance additives unit consists of three activities that include: filtration and adsorption (CECA), which includes both specialty surfactants and products used for gas and liquid separation and for adsorption and filtration; organic peroxides, which are used as polymerization initiators for polyethylene, PVC (polyvinyl chloride) and polystyrene and as cross linking agents; and photocure resins (Sartomer), which harden under ultraviolet light and are used in metal, plastic and wood coatings and in optics, graphic art and electronics.
The photocure resins unit operates two sites in the US, one site in Europe, and one site in Asia (Nansha). Photocure resins are used in various markets, including graphic art (inks and varnishes), industrial coatings, optics (fiber, DVD and Blu-Ray technologies), electronics (printed circuits), and wood coatings. As of December 31, 2016, the high performance materials segment recorded revenues of E3,422 million ($4,062.8 million), an increase of 1.9% over FY2015. The company's industrial specialties segment comprises polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA), thiochemicals, fluorogases and hydrogen peroxide.
The PMMA unit comprises two activities: PMMA used in the construction and automotive industries, and for billboards, decorations, the production of sanitary ware, and LED televisions; and functional polyolefin used in adhesives, packaging, photovoltaic and the electric, electronics and automotive industries. The thiochemicals unit product lines are amines, oxygenated solvents, hydrazine hydrate, and rubber additives. This unit's main markets include animal feed, refining and petrochemicals, natural gas odorizers, solvents, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics. The fluorogases unit manufactures and markets a range of HCFCs (hydro chlorofluorocarbons) and HFCs (hydro fluorocarbons) under the brand name, Forane.
These products are mainly used in refrigeration, air-conditioning, foam and solvents, and as feedstock for fluoropolymers. The hydrogen peroxide unit includes hydrogen peroxide, sodium chlorate and sodium perchlorate. The markets for hydrogen peroxide are pulp and paper, chemical products, water treatment, disinfection of food packaging, cleaning of electronic components, and textile.The industrial specialties segment recorded revenues of E2,316 million ($2,749.8 million) in FY2016, a decrease of 5.5% over FY2015. Arkema's coating solutions segment comprised of acrylics, coating resins and Coatex rheological additives. The acrylics unit's main products are acrylic acid and its derivatives (esters), as well as oxo-alcohols.
The unit's production sites are Carling, France; Bayport and Clear Lake, the US; and Taixing, China. The main markets for the unit are coatings (decorative paints, industrial coatings and photocure resins), super absorbents, plastic additives, water treatment, paper and adhesives, and oil and gas recovery. The coating resins unit comprised of the emulsions business of The Dow Chemical Company and coating resins business of Total (Cray Valley and Cook Composites and Polymers). The product range includes liquid resins, powder resins and rheology additives. The rheological additives (Coatex) unit manufactures polymers, mainly acrylic based, used as dispersants and thickeners. Its end-markets include paper, paint, water treatment, cosmetics, textile and concrete. Coatex operates industrial and storage facilities in Europe, the US, Asia, and Latin America.
The coating solutions segment recorded revenues of E1,771 million ($2,102.6 million) in FY2016, a decrease of 4.2% as compared to FY2015. Geographically, France, Arkema's largest geographical market, accounted for 8.3% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from France reached E628 million ($745.6 million) in FY2016, a decrease of 14.9% over FY2015. NAFTA accounted for 34.1% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from NAFTA reached E2,568 million ($3,048.9 million) in FY2016, adecrease of 0.6% over FY2015. Rest of Europe accounted for 27.8% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from rest of Europe reached E2,092 million ($2,483.7 million) in FY2016, a decrease of 3.3% over FY2015. Asia accounted for 25.2% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from Asia reached E1,901 million ($2,257 million) in FY2016, an increase of 4.5% over FY2015. Rest of the world accounted for 4.6% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from rest of the world reached E346 million ($410.8 million) in FY2016, adecrease of 8.5% over FY2015.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Arkema SA in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Arkema SA listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Arkema SA’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Arkema SA’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Arkema SA’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Arkema SA operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Arkema SA?
- How has Arkema SA performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Arkema SA rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Arkema SA strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Arkema SA’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Arkema SA? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years