Arena Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company that offers drugs for the treatment of cardiovascular, central nervous system, inflammatory and metabolic diseases. The company is involved in discovering, developing and commercializing oral drugs that target G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs), to address unmet medical needs. The company's research and development program is engaged in the development of drugs include: BELVIQ/BELVIQ XR (lorcaserin HCl), Ralinepag (APD811), Temanogrel, Etrasimod (APD334), APD371 and Nelotanserin. BELVIQ/BELVIQ XR is a drug candidate approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Arena developed this drug by collaborated with Eisai Co., Ltd. and Eisai Inc. BELVIQ is used for chronic weight management in adults. It decreases the food consumption and promotes satiety by selectively activating serotonin 2C receptors in the brain. Ralinepag (APD811), an orally available agonist, which targets prostacyclin receptor. This drug is Arena's internally discovered investigational drug candidate intended for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Prostacyclin receptor agonists slow the disease progression and improve exercise tolerance in PAH patients. Ralinepag is in phase 2 clinical trial evaluation. Etrasimod (APD334), an orally available agonist, which targets S1P1 receptor.
This drug is internally discovered investigational drug candidate intended for the treatment of a number of conditions related to autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis, inflammatory bowel diseases and rheumatoid arthritis. Etrasimod is in phase 2 clinical trial evaluation. APD371, an orally available agonist, which targets cannabinoid 2 (CB2) receptor. This drug is internally discovered investigational drug candidate intended for the treatment of pain associated with Crohn’s disease. Nelotanserin is a potent and selective inverse agonist, targets 5-HT2A receptor that has been implicated in the pathophysiology underlying psychosis for the treatment of neurological diseases.
This drug is in phase 2 clinical trial. Arena is also developing Temanogrel, an orally available inverse agonist that targets serotonin 2A receptor. This is an internally discovered investigational drug candidate intended for the treatment of thrombotic diseases. In FY2016, the company spent US$66.4 million on its R&D activities, accounted for 53.5% of the total revenue. The company operates its clinical operations located in San Diego and Zug, Switzerland; and its commercial manufacturing facility is located in Zofingen, Switzerland. Arena through its subsidiaries operates in the US, the Cayman Islands and Switzerland.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc.?
- How has Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years