ArcBest Corp. , formerly known as Arkansas Best Corporation, offers a wide variety of logistics solutions, including domestic and global transportation of less-than-truckload (LTL) and full load shipments, expedited ground and time-definite delivery solutions, freight forwarding services and freight brokerage services. The company also offers oversight of roadside assistance and equipment services for commercial vehicles, and household goods moving services for consumers, corporations, and the military.
The company operates through five business segments: freight transportation; premium logistics; transportation management; emergency and preventative maintenance; and household goods moving services.
The company's principal operation is freight transportation, which is conducted through its subsidiary, ABF Freight System (ABF). ABF is the core asset-based business in LTL with more than 4,200 tractors and 20,800 trailers. It provides direct local LTL services to 98% of US cities with a population of more than 30,000. ABF provides interstate and intrastate direct service to approximately 48,000 communities in all 50 states, Canada and Puerto Rico. The company also provides motor carrier freight transportation services to customers in Mexico, through arrangements with trucking companies.
ABF offers transportation of general commodities through standard, expedited, and guaranteed LTL services both nationally and regionally. In addition, the segment provides shipping services to its customers by transporting a wide variety of large and small shipments to geographically dispersed destinations.
The premium logistics, operated through Panther, provide expedited freight transportation services to commercial and government customers. This segment offers premium logistics services that involve the rapid deployment of highly specialized equipment to meet extremely specific line-haul requirements. These requirements include temperature control, hazardous materials, geo-fencing, specialized government cargo, security services, and life sciences. In addition, Panther offers domestic and international freight transportation with air, ocean, and ground service offerings.
The transportation management, operating as ABF Logistics, Inc., provides freight brokerage and intermodal transportation services, worldwide ocean shipping solutions, and transportation and warehouse management services. The segment provides third-party transportation brokerage and management services throughout North America by sourcing a variety of equipment types including truckload, flatbed, intermodal, temperature-controlled, and specialized equipment. The segment also offers single contract, full-container-load (FCL) and expedited less-than-container-load (LCL) ocean transport to and from the US and scalable transportation and warehouse management services.
The emergency and preventative maintenance segment is operated through FleetNet America, which provides roadside assistance and equipment services for commercial vehicles in the US and Canada through a network of third-party service providers.
ABC's household goods moving services segment is operated through its subsidiaries, Albert Companies and Moving Solutions. These subsidiaries provide third-party transportation, warehousing, and delivery services to the consumer, corporate, and military household goods moving markets.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of ArcBest Corp. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about ArcBest Corp. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines ArcBest Corp.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases ArcBest Corp.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of ArcBest Corp.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does ArcBest Corp. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of ArcBest Corp.?
- How has ArcBest Corp. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does ArcBest Corp. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are ArcBest Corp. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are ArcBest Corp.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of ArcBest Corp.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years