Arcadia Biosciences is an agricultural biotechnology trait company engaged in the development of traits that improve food, feed and fiber crops and enhance the value of the agricultural products. It has operations in the US, Africa, the UAE and Europe. The company’s existing portfolio of agricultural productivity traits includes Nitrogen Use Efficiency, Water Use Efficiency, Drought Tolerance, Salinity Tolerance, Herbicide Tolerance, nutritional oils, enhanced quality grains, and post harvest quality. Nitrogen Use Efficiency trait enables plants to utilize nitrogen fertilizer more efficiently than conventional plants. This allows crops to achieve higher yields under normally applied levels of nitrogen fertilizer, or to achieve the same yields as conventional crops while using 30 to 50% less nitrogen fertilizer.
Water Use Efficiency trait (WUE) enables plants to tolerate two types of stress: reduced or inconsistent water availability, and severe drought. The WUE trait has been demonstrated to improve crop yield under conditions of water stress and to help crops recover from severe drought conditions. Another related technology, Drought Tolerance, helps plants maintain yields under conditions of prolonged water stress.
The Salinity Tolerance trait allows plants to maintain yields under conditions of elevated salinity and is applicable to a wide range of crops, including wheat, rice, soybean, and cotton. The company’s salt-tolerant plants binds excess salt from the soil into the plant, potentially providing the benefit of rehabilitating salinized land over time.
The Herbicide Tolerance program is focused on wheat. Arcadia developed a non- genetically modified source of tolerance to glyphosate, a widely used non-selective herbicide. Testing results in wheat show tolerance to glyphosate herbicide which may be developed into a commercial glyphosate tolerant wheat variety.
The company's nutritional oils offers gamma linolenic acid and arachidonic acids. Arcadia develops a transgenic safflower variety that produces oil with consistently high levels of arachidonic acids. Arcadia also provides wheat lines with increased levels of resistant starch which is said to have a positive impact on human health.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into eight segments, namely United States, India, Africa, the UAE, Belgium, France, Canada and Other. In FY2016, United States segment accounted for 85.2% of the company's total revenues, followed by Africa with 11.1%; France with 0.6%; and Canada with 6.3%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Arcadia Biosciences, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Arcadia Biosciences, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Arcadia Biosciences, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Arcadia Biosciences, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Arcadia Biosciences, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Arcadia Biosciences, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Arcadia Biosciences, Inc.?
- How has Arcadia Biosciences, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Arcadia Biosciences, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Arcadia Biosciences, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Arcadia Biosciences, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Arcadia Biosciences, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years