Applied Materials, Inc. is one of the global leaders in providing equipment, services and software to enable the manufacture of semiconductor, display, and related industries. It primarily operates in Taiwan, Korea, the US, China, Japan, Europe, and Southeast Asia.
The company operates through three reportable segments: Semiconductor Systems, Applied Global Services, and Display and Adjacent Markets.
The Semiconductor Systems segment develops, manufactures, and sells a range of manufacturing equipment used to fabricate semiconductor chips, also referred to as integrated circuits (ICs). The segment includes transistor and interconnect products and technologies, such as Epitaxy, Ion Implant, Oxidation/Nitridation, Rapid Thermal Processing, Physical Vapor Deposition, Chemical Vapor Deposition, Chemical Mechanical Planarization, Electrochemical Deposition; Patterning and Packaging Technologies, such as Atomic Layer Deposition, Chemical Vapor Deposition and Etch, and Imaging and Process Control Technologies, such as Metrology and Inspection tools. The segment also offers products, including Centura, VIISta, Vantage, Radiance, Reflexion, Raider, Olympia, Producer, Centris, SEMVision G6 Defect Analysis, PROVision eBeam Inspection, UVision 7 Inspection, VeritySEM 5i Metrology and Aera4 Mask Inspection. In FY2016, the Semiconductor Systems segment reported revenues of $6,873 million, which accounted for 63.5% of the company's total revenue.
The Applied Global Services segment provides integrated solutions to optimize equipment and fab performance and productivity, including spares, upgrades, services, remanufactured earlier generation equipment and factory automation software for semiconductor, display and other products. The segment’s AGS Solutions and Technology include Certified Services, Fab Consulting, Parts Programs, Subfab Equipment, Legacy Equipment and Automation Software. In FY2016, the Applied Global Services segment reported revenues of $2,589 million, which accounted for 23.9% of the company's total revenue.
The Display and Adjacent Markets segment is comprised of products for manufacturing liquid crystal displays, organic light-emitting diodes, and other display technologies for TVs, personal computers, tablets, smart phones, and other consumer-oriented devices as well as equipment for flexible substrates. Substrates used to manufacture display panels and other devices are typically glass, although newer flexible materials are entering the market. The segment offers a variety of technologies and products, including Array Test, Defect Review, Chemical Vapor Deposition, Physical Vapor Deposition and Flexible Technologies. The segment offers products, such as Electron Beam Array Tester; Electron Beam Review; AKT PECVD Systems; AKT Aristo and PiVot Systems, and TopBeam, TopMet and SmartWeb Systems. In FY2016, the Display and Adjacent Markets segment reported revenues of $1,206 million, which accounted for 11.1% of the company's total revenue.
In addition, the Corporate and Other business of the reported revenues of $157 million, which accounted for 1.5% of the company's total revenue.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into seven segments, namely Taiwan, China, Korea, Japan, the US, South East Asia and Europe. In FY2016, Taiwan accounted for 26.3%; of the company's total revenues, followed by China with 20.9%; Korea with 17.4%; Japan with 11.8%; the US with 10.6%; Southeast Asia with 7.4%; and Europe with 5.7%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Applied Materials, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Applied Materials, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Applied Materials, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Applied Materials, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Applied Materials, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Applied Materials, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Applied Materials, Inc.?
- How has Applied Materials, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Applied Materials, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Applied Materials, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Applied Materials, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Applied Materials, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years