Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc. is one of the major industrial distributors serving customers for maintenance repair operations (MRO) and original equipment manufacturing (OEM) product applications. In addition, the company provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services.
The company is an authorized distributor of more than six million products representing more than 4,000 manufacturers. It operates through 559 facilities across the US, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico, Australia, and New Zealand.
Applied Industrial operates in two segments: Service Center Based Distribution and Fluid Power Businesses.
The company's Service Center Based Distribution segment provides a range of industrial products through its service centers spread across North America, Australia, and New Zealand. The segment offers products for scheduled maintenance of machinery and equipment, and emergency repairs. In addition, it operates regional fabricated rubber shops, which modify and repair conveyor belts and make hose assemblies in accordance with customer requirements. The company also operates rubber service field crews, which install and repair conveyor belts and rubber linings at customer locations. The segment distributes products including bearings, power transmission components, fluid power components and systems, industrial rubber products, linear motion components, tools, safety products, and other industrial and maintenance supply products.
The Service Center Based Distribution segment operates in the US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand using the Applied Industrial Technologies and Applied Maintenance Supplies and Solutions trade names. Reliance Industrial Products, Knox Oil Field Supply and Texas Oilpatch Services operate under those trade names, serving the upstream oil and gas industry.
In FY2016, the Service Center Based Distribution segment reported revenues of $2,087 million, which accounted for 82.8% of the company's total revenue.
The Fluid Power Businesses' products include hydraulic, pneumatic, lubrication, and filtration components and systems, and related services. It offers products and services directly to customers within the businesses' geographic regions. In the US, the segment also market products and services through service center network. In addition to distributing fluid power components, it assembles fluid power systems and components, performs equipment repair, and offers technical advice to customers. Its customers include firms purchasing for maintenance, repair, and operation needs, as well as for OEM applications.
In FY2016, the Fluid Power Businesses segment reported revenues of $432.4 million, which accounted for 17.2% of the company's total revenue.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into three geographies, namely the US, Canada, and Other Countries. In FY2016, the US accounted for 84% of the company's total revenues, followed by Canada with 10.2%; and Other Countries with 5.7%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc.?
- How has Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years