Anika Therapeutics, Inc. , together with its subsidiaries, is engaged in the development, manufacturing and commercialization of therapeutic products for tissue protection, healing and repair. These products are based on hyaluronic acid (HA), a naturally occurring, biocompatible polymer found throughout the body. The company primarily operates in the US and Italy through its subsidiaries: Anika Securities Corp. and Anika Therapeutics S.r.l. The company offers a portfolio of hyaluronic acid (HA)-based products covering a range of therapeutic applications, including Orthobiologics, Dermal, Ophthalmic, Veterinary and Surgical. Anika's Orthobiologics products consist of joint health and orthopedic products, which are used in a range of treatments from providing relief from the pain of osteoarthritis, to regenerating damaged tissue such as cartilage defects
The company uses Viscosupplementation, a therapy that treats Osteoarthritis pain at the joint by injecting a hyaluronic acid solution into the joint space. Anika's joint health products include ORTHOVISC, CINGAL and HYALOFAST available in the US; ORTHOVISC mini, available in the Europe; and MONOVISC, available in Europe. ORTHOVISC is indicated for the treatment of knee pain and for other synovial joint pain in the US and European Economic Area. ORTHOVISC mini is designed to treat small synovial joint pain. MONOVISC is a single injection product used for the treatment of all synovial joints. Anika also offers Hyalofast, a biodegradable support for human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells; Hyalonect, a woven gauze used as a graft wrap; and Hyaloglide, an ACP (autocross linked polysaccharide) gel used in tenolysis treatment.
The company's Dermal products include advanced wound care products based on the HYAFF technology, and aesthetic dermal fillers based on the BCDI technology. The company's HYAFF technology offers over five products for the treatment of skin wounds ranging from burns to diabetic ulcers. The products cover a variety of wound treatment solutions, including debridement agents, advanced therapies and scaffolds used in connection with skin substitutes. Anika provides various products such as Hyalomatrix and Hyalofill, for the treatment of wounds such as burns and ulcers; HYALOGRAN, absorbs wound exudate and is transformed into a soft gel, which molds into the wound and allows for the removal of necrotic tissue; ELEVESS an injectable dermal filler used to correct facial lines and wrinkles and HYALOSAFE is a transparent wound dressing designed to provide an effective cover for superficial wounds and to create a moist healing environment.
Anika's Ophthalmic business includes HA viscoelastic products used in ophthalmic surgery. The company produces a line of hyaluronic acid (HA)-based ophthalmic viscoelastic products, including ANIKAVISC, AMVISC, AMVISC Plus, Optivisc and STAARVISC II. These products coat, lubricate and protect sensitive tissue such as the endothelium and maintain the shape of the eye, thereby facilitating ophthalmic surgical procedures. Anika's Veterinary business offers HYVISC, a high molecular weight injectable HA product for the treatment of joint dysfunction in horses due to non-infectious synovitis associated with equine osteoarthritis. HYVISC has viscoelastic properties that lubricate and protect the tissues in horse joints. HYVISC is distributed by Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica in the US. The company's Surgical business consists of products used to prevent surgical adhesions and to treat ENT disorders. The company offers INCERT-S, which is designed to prevent adhesions after spinal surgeries such as discectomies with laminectomy. The company, through its subsidiary Anika S.r.l., offers several products used in connection with the treatment of ENT disorders. Some of the primary products include Merogel, a woven fleece nasal packing; and Merogel Injectable, a thick, viscous hydrogel composed of cross-linked hyaluronic acida biocompatible agent that creates a moist wound-healing environment. Some of Anika's distributors include Bausch & Lomb Surgical; Medtronic; Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc.; DePuy Mitek, a division of Johnson & Johnson; Staar Surgical Company; and Hoya Surgical Optics.
In FY2016, the company spent US$10.7 million on its R&D activities, which stood at 10.4% of the total revenue. Geographically, the company classifies its operations into three regions, namely, the US, Europe, and Other countries. The US region accounted for 81.2% of the company’s total revenue in FY2016, followed by Europe with 10.6% and Other countries with 8.2% revenue.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Anika Therapeutics, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Anika Therapeutics, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Anika Therapeutics, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Anika Therapeutics, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Anika Therapeutics, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Anika Therapeutics, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Anika Therapeutics, Inc.?
- How has Anika Therapeutics, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Anika Therapeutics, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Anika Therapeutics, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Anika Therapeutics, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Anika Therapeutics, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
-- 7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
-- 7.1.2 IT Spend
-- 7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
-- 7.2.1 IT Overview
-- 7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
-- 7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
-- 7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
-- 7.2.5 Key IT Management
-- 7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
-- About Us
-- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years