Andrew Yule & Co Ltd. manufactures and markets tea, electrical and engineering equipment. The company primarily operates in India. The company operates its business through three segments: tea, electrical, engineering and printing. AYCL's tea segment is engaged in growing and manufacturing of tea. AYCL offers different variants of tea that includes amber tea, flower tea, moondrop ball teas, pearl teas, white teas and oolong teas. The company operates five tea estates in West Bengal comprising Mim Tea Estate in Darjeeling, Karbala, Banarhat, Choonabhutti and New Dooars Tea Estates in Dooars; and 10 tea estates in Assam comprising Khowang, Bhamun, Hingrijan, Basmatia, Desam, Tinkong, Rajgarh, Hoolungoorie, Murphulani and Bogijan tea estates.
In FY2017, tea segment reported revenue of INR2058.1 million, which accounted for 50.6% of the total net sales of the company. The company’s electrical segment is engaged in manufacturing and selling a range of electrical equipment, including flame proof switchgears, HT switchgears and LT control gears, power and distribution transformers, plant communication, voltage regulators and rectifiers, fire alarm and detection systems. The company operates switchgear and Brentford unit in Kolkata; and transformer and switchgear unit in Chennai.
In FY2017, the electrical segment reported revenue of INR1569.2 million, which accounted for 38.6% of the total net sales of the company. AYCL's engineering segment manufactures and sells engineering equipment, including industrial fans and blowers, water treatment plants, and tea processing machinery. AYCL also under takes engineering turnkey contracts. The company manufactures engineering equipment through its manufacturing facility located in Kalyani, West Bengal, India.
In FY2017, engineering segment reported revenue of INR281.8 million, which accounted for 7% of the total net sales of the company. In addition, the company through its subsidiary, Hooghly Printing, is engaged in printing brochures or pamphlets, leaflets, balance sheets, calendars, books, periodicals, ledgers and journals, and forms for customers operating in the government, public and private sectors. Hooghly Printing's customers include Balmer Lawrie & IBP group of Companies, Bhari Udyog Nigam Ltd., B. B. J. Co. Ltd., Assam Brook Ltd., Tata Construction & Projects Ltd., Jessop & Co. Ltd., Burn Standard Co. Ltd., and Allahabad Bank. In FY2017, printing segment reported revenue of INR160.7 million, which accounted for 4% of the total net sales of the company. AYCL's subsidiaries include are Tide Water Oil Co. (India), Webfil Ltd., Yule Engineering Ltd and Yule Electrical Co. Ltd.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Andrew Yule and Co Ltd. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Andrew Yule and Co Ltd. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Andrew Yule and Co Ltd.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Andrew Yule and Co Ltd.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Andrew Yule and Co Ltd.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Andrew Yule and Co Ltd. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Andrew Yule and Co Ltd.?
- How has Andrew Yule and Co Ltd. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Andrew Yule and Co Ltd. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Andrew Yule and Co Ltd. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Andrew Yule and Co Ltd.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Andrew Yule and Co Ltd.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years