Analogic Corporation is a technology company that designs, manufactures, and commercializes real-time guidance, diagnostic imaging and threat detection technologies and sells to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and end users primarily in the healthcare and airport security markets. The company's portfolio of products includes computed tomography (CT) equipment technologies, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), digital mammography systems, ultrasound systems and transducers; airport baggage screening systems and DNA analysis systems. The company operates in the US, Europe and Asia. The company operates through three business segments: Medical Imaging; Ultrasound; and Security and Detection.
The company's Medical Imaging segment is involved in the systems and subsystems for medical imaging which are sold globally to OEM producers of CT, MRI, and digital mammography systems. The company's CT equipment technology is used in CT image scanners. The CT product portfolio includes detector subsystems, data acquisition systems (DAS), data management systems (DMS), and integrated CT systems. The company's MRI portfolio includes gradient amplifiers and radio frequency (RF) amplifiers subsystems offered to OEM producers of MRI equipment. These amplifiers develop a range of amplifier solutions ranging from low-magnetic-field systems to ultra-high-magnetic-field systems.
The company's digital mammography products include digital mammography selenium based detector plates sold to OEM customers for breast cancer screening and diagnostic applications in mammography. These detector plates convert x-ray signals into high resolution 2-D and 3-D images of breast tissue to aid in the detection of breast cancer. Its product portfolio includes large detector (AXS-2430), small detector (AXS-1824) and screen plus. The medical imaging segment also designs and manufactures servo and stepper (motion control) devices, which are used in computer-controlled automation systems primarily in the semiconductor and laboratory automation markets. In FY2016, the Medical Imaging segment reported revenues of $289.2 million, which accounted for 56.8% of the company's total revenue.
The company's Ultrasound segment designs and manufactures ultrasound systems and transducers which are sold to the clinical end-users in urology, surgery and point-of-care markets under the BK Ultrasound and Sonix brand names. The company manufactures FlexFocus mobile ultrasound systems under the brand name of BK Ultrasound which are used for guiding procedures in urology and surgery, regional anesthesia, high-end point of care and general imaging applications. The company's BK ultrasound transducers assist in addressing the clinical challenges of surgical, urologic, anesthesia and general imaging procedures.
The product portfolio under the Sonix brand name consists of the ultrasound systems used in a range of point-of-care applications such as needle guidance for biopsies, aspirations and nerve blocks, and for musculoskeletal, vascular, and general imaging applications. The company's Sonix platform offers guidance technology to precisely locate the needle tip and trajectory for most needle guidance applications. In addition, the company provides transducers to OEMs for both diagnostic and procedure driven applications such as cardiology, radiology, OB/GYN, surgery and interventional radiology. The segment also manufactures a handheld ultrasound device, Sonic Window, which is used for visualizing vasculature and guiding peripheral intravenous access.
In FY2016, the Ultrasound segment reported revenues of $163.2 million, which accounted for 32.1% of the company's total revenue. The company's Security and Detection segment designs and manufactures airport baggage screening systems and DNA analysis systems. The company sells its certified checked baggage screening systems through its commercial partners, Smiths Detection and L-3. The company's checked baggage systems include eXaminer XLB (high speed), eXaminer 3DX (medium speed), and eXaminer SX (reduced size).
The company also markets COBRA branded checkpoint system directly to government agencies and international airports. In addition, the company designs and manufactures rapid deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) analysis systems which are used to analyze multiple human DNA samples. In FY2016, the Security and Detection segment reported revenues of $56.4 million, which accounted for 11.1% of the company's total revenue. Geographically, the company classifies its operations into five segments, namely the US, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, and Other. In FY2016, the US segment accounted for 37.8% of the company's total revenues, followed by Germany with 13.5%; Japan with 9.2%; the Netherlands with 10.8%; and Other with 28.7%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Analogic Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Analogic Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Analogic Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Analogic Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Analogic Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Analogic Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Analogic Corporation?
- How has Analogic Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Analogic Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Analogic Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Analogic Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Analogic Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years