Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an independent exploration and production company, with approximately 2.1 billion barrels of oil equivalent (BOE) of proved reserves at December 31, 2015. The company's asset portfolio includes the US onshore resource plays in the Rocky Mountains area, the southern US, the Appalachian basin, and Alaska. Anadarko is also among the largest independent producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, and has exploration and production activities worldwide, including activities in Mozambique, Algeria, Ghana, Colombia, Cote d'Ivoire, Kenya, New Zealand, and other countries.
Anadarko operates through three business segments: oil and gas exploration and production; midstream; and marketing.
The oil and gas exploration and production segment explores for and produces natural gas, oil, condensate, and NGLs, and plans for the development and operation of the company's liquefied natural gas (LNG) project.
Anadarko's US operations include oil and natural-gas exploration and production onshore in the Lower 48 states, the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, and onshore Alaska. Anadarko's Rocky Mountains Region (Rockies) properties include oil and natural-gas plays located in Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming where the company operates approximately 11,000 wells and owns an interest in approximately 4,000 non-operated wells. Anadarko operates fractured-carbonate/shale reservoirs, tight-gas assets. The company drilled 447 wells and completed 390 wells in the Rockies during FY2015.
Anadarko's Southern and Appalachia region properties are primarily located in Texas, Pennsylvania, Louisiana, and Kansas. The region includes the Eagle Ford shale in South Texas, the Delaware basin in West Texas, the Marcellus shale in north-central Pennsylvania, and the Haynesville shale in East Texas and Louisiana. Operations in these areas are focused on finding and developing both natural gas and liquids from shales, tight sands, and fractured-reservoir plays. The company drilled 338 operated horizontal wells and brought 318 wells online in 2015.
In the Gulf of Mexico, Anadarko owns an average 60% working interest in 279 blocks. The company operates eight active floating platforms and holds interests in 34 producing fields. Anadarko's international operations include oil, natural-gas, and NGLs production and development in Mozambique, Algeria, and Ghana. The company also has exploration acreage in Colombia, Cote d'Ivoire, Kenya, Liberia, Mozambique, New Zealand, and other countries.
The company's FY2015 drilling program is focused on proven and emerging liquids-rich basins in the US (onshore and deepwater Gulf of Mexico) and various international locations. Exploration activity in FY2015 consisted of 28 gross completed wells, which included 22 US onshore wells, one Gulf of Mexico well, and five international wells. Development activity in FY2015 consisted of 902 gross completed wells, which included 892 US onshore wells, eight international wells, and two Gulf of Mexico wells.
In addition, in FY2015, the company had a total proved reserves of 2,057 million barrels of oil equivalent (MMBOE), which include 6,021 billion cubic feet (Bcf) of natural gas, 713 million barrels (MMBbls) of oil and condensate, and 340 MMBbls of NGLs.
The midstream segment engages in gathering, processing, treating, and transporting Anadarko and third-party oil, natural-gas, and NGLs production. The company owns and operates gathering, processing, treating, and transportation systems in the US for natural gas, oil, and NGLs. At the end of 2015, Anadarko had 40 gathering systems and 54 processing and treating plants located throughout major onshore producing basins in Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Kansas, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
The marketing segment sells much of Anadarko's oil, natural-gas, and NGLs production, as well as third-party purchased volumes. The company actively markets oil, natural gas, and NGLs in the US; oil and NGLs internationally; and the anticipated LNG production from Mozambique. The company also purchases natural gas, oil, condensate, and NGLs from third parties, primarily near Anadarko's production areas.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Anadarko Petroleum Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Anadarko Petroleum Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Anadarko Petroleum Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Anadarko Petroleum Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation?
- How has Anadarko Petroleum Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Anadarko Petroleum Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Anadarko Petroleum Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Anadarko Petroleum Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years