Amkor Technology, Inc. offers packaging and test services to integrated device manufacturers (IDMs), fabless semiconductor companies and contract foundries. The company offers integrated circuit (IC) design, wafer fabrication, wafer probe, packaging and final test and logistics solutions to leading semiconductor players and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). The company's operations spans across the US, Japan, Asia-Pacific (excluding Japan) and EMEA.
The company operates through a single business segment: Packaging and Test Services. Amkor’s services employ wirebond, flip chip, copper clip and other interconnect technologies. The company uses leadframe and substrate package carriers, and perform a range of test software, hardware, integration and product engineering services, and also supports a range of business models and test capabilities.
The company products are categorized into two product lines: Mainstream Products and Advanced Products. The mainstream products include leadframe packages, substrate-based wirebond packages and micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS) packages.
Amkor's Mainstream Products consist of leadframe packages, substrate-based wirebond packages and MEMS packages. These package families employ wirebond interconnect technology to connect a die to a leadframe or substrate package carrier. The leadframe packages are employed in many electronic devices. The company offers a range of lead counts and body sizes variations as per the customers’ semiconductor devices. The company offers MicroLeadFrame family of quad flat no lead packages. Amkor's substrate based wireband packages include stacked chip scale packages (CSP), wirebond ball grid array packages and plastic ball grid array (PBGA) packages.
CSP are employed in memory storage, including negative-AND (NAND), negative-OR (NOR) and dynamic random access memory (DRAM) memory, and mixed signal applications. The company's wirebond ball grid array packages offer a selection of ball array pitches, ball counts and body sizes, single and multi-die layouts, stacked die and passive component integration employed in semiconductors requiring a smaller package size. PBGA packages are used in applications requiring higher pin count than leadframe packages, while the MEMS packages are employed in various devices, including microphones, accelerometers, airbag deployment sensors, gyrometers, magnetometers, humidity, temperature sensors and pressure sensors. In addition, the company offers advanced system-in-package (SiP) modules that are used in passive components, including inductors, capacitors, resistors, filters and diplexers; antennas; and mechanical parts. Advanced SiP modules are also used in many devices for components such as radio frequency (RF) and front end modules, baseband processing, connectivity, fingerprint sensors, display and touch screen drivers, sensors and MEMS, NAND memory and solid state drives. The modules are found in many products, including smartphones and tablets, automobiles, wearable electronics, high-performance gaming systems, computers and network systems. In FY2016, the Mainstream product line reported revenues of $2,214.1 million, which accounted for 56.9% of the company's total revenue.
The advanced products offered by the company include flip chip scale packages (FC CSP), wafer-level chip scale packages (WL CSP) and flip chip ball grid array packages (FC BGA). These package families use flip chip interconnect technology to connect a die to a substrate package carrier or directly to a printed circuit board. The company's FC CSP packages are employed in a range of applications that require very small form factors such as smartphones, tablets and other mobile consumer electronic devices. Flip chip stacked CSPs are employed to stack memory on top of digital baseband and applications processors for use in mobile devices. In addition, Amkor develops fine pitch copper pillar flip chip interconnect technology and also offers technology for 2.5D and three dimensional (3D) package stacking with Through Silicon Via (TSV). The company offers WL CSPs that are employed in power management, radio frequency, and integrated connectivity applications. Amkor also offers FC BGA packaging in a variety of product formats for a range of application requirements, including networking, storage, computing and consumer applications. In FY2016, the Advanced product line reported revenues of $1,679.5 million, which accounted for 43.1% of the company's total revenue.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into four segments, namely the US, Japan, Asia Pacific (excluding Japan) and Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). In FY2016, the US segment accounted for 41.6% of the company's total revenues, followed by Japan with 29.7%; Asia Pacific (excluding Japan) with 16.1% and EMEA with 12.5%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Amkor Technology, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Amkor Technology, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Amkor Technology, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Amkor Technology, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Amkor Technology, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Amkor Technology, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Amkor Technology, Inc.?
- How has Amkor Technology, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Amkor Technology, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Amkor Technology, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Amkor Technology, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Amkor Technology, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years