AMETEK, Inc. is a provider of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. The company operates more than 150 manufacturing facilities and more than 100 sales and service locations across the US and in 30 other countries around the world. The company operates in the Americas, Europe and Asia. The company operates through two segments: Electronic Instruments Group (EIG) and Electromechanical Group (EMG). The EIG is engaged in the design and manufacture of advanced instruments for the process, aerospace, power and industrial markets. EIG offers a range of process control instruments for the oil and gas, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, semiconductor and factory automation industries.
The segment also provides a range of instruments for the laboratory equipment, ultraprecision manufacturing, medical, and test and measurement markets. It supplies the aerospace industry with aircraft and engine sensors, monitoring systems, power supplies, fuel and fluid measurement systems, and data acquisition systems. EIG also offers power quality monitoring and metering, uninterruptible power systems, programmable power equipment, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) test equipment, sensors for gas turbines, and dashboard instruments for heavy trucks and other vehicles. At the end of FY2016, EIG had 84 operating facilities of which 53 were located in the US, nine each in the UK and Germany, four in Canada, two each in China, France and Switzerland and one each in Argentina, Austria, Denmark, India, Japan, Mexico and Taiwan. EIG also shares operating facilities with EMG in Brazil, China and Mexico. In FY2016, the segment reported net sales of US$ 2,360.3 million, which accounted for 61.5% of the total sales of the company.
The EMG segment supplies electrical interconnects, precision motion control solutions, specialty metals, thermal management systems, and floor care and specialty motors to a range of end markets, including aerospace and defense, medical, factory automation, mass transit, petrochemical and other industrial markets. EMG supplies engineered electrical connectors and electronics packaging used in aerospace and defense, medical, and industrial applications, as well as advanced technical motor and motion control products, which are used in a range of medical devices, office and business equipment, factory automation, robotics and other applications.
The segment supplies high-purity powdered metals, strip and foil, specialty clad metals and metal matrix composites. EMG’s blowers and heat exchangers provide electronic cooling and environmental control for the aerospace and defense industries. The segment also offers motors used in commercial appliances, fitness equipment, food and beverage machines, hydraulic pumps, industrial blowers and vacuum cleaners. It also operates a global network of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facilities. At the end of FY2016, EMG had 65 operating facilities of which 37 in the US, ten in the UK, four each in China and France, two each in Germany, Italy and Mexico and one each in the Czech Republic, Brazil, Malaysia, Serbia and Taiwan. In FY2016, the segment reported net sales of US$ 1,479.8 million, which accounted for 38.5% of the total sales of the company.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of AMETEK, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about AMETEK, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines AMETEK, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases AMETEK, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of AMETEK, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does AMETEK, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of AMETEK, Inc.?
- How has AMETEK, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does AMETEK, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are AMETEK, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are AMETEK, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of AMETEK, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years