AmerisourceBergen Corporation is engaged in the distribution of brand-name and generic pharmaceuticals, over-the-counter (OTC) healthcare products, home healthcare supplies and equipment, outsourced compounded sterile preparations (CSP) and related services to healthcare providers. The company has its operations in the US, Puerto Rico and select global markets.
The company operates through two business segments: pharmaceutical distribution, and other.
The pharmaceutical distribution segment provides drug distribution and related services. This segment is comprised of two operating divisions: AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation (ABDC), and AmerisourceBergen Specialty Group (ABSG).
ABDC is a distributor of brand-name pharmaceuticals (including specialty pharmaceutical products) and generic pharmaceuticals, OTC healthcare products, home healthcare supplies and equipment, outsourced CSPs and related services. The division offers its services to a variety of healthcare providers, including acute care hospitals and health systems, independent and chain retail pharmacies, mail order pharmacies, medical clinics, long-term care and other alternate site pharmacies, and other customers. ABDC provides pharmacy management, staffing and other consulting services, and supply management software to a variety of retail and institutional healthcare providers. Additionally, ABDC delivers packaging solutions to institutional and retail healthcare providers.
ABSG offers pharmaceutical distribution and other services primarily to physicians who specialize in a variety of disease states, especially oncology, and to other healthcare providers, including dialysis clinics. It also distributes plasma and other blood products, injectible pharmaceuticals, vaccines, and other specialty products. In addition, ABSG provides third party logistics and outcomes research, and other services for biotechnology and other pharmaceutical manufacturers.
The other segment of ABC consists of the AmerisourceBergen Consulting Services (ABCS), World Courier, and MWI operating division.
ABCS, through a number of operating businesses, provides commercialization support services including reimbursement support programs, outcomes research, contract field staffing, patient assistance and co-pay assistance programs, adherence programs, risk mitigation services, and other market access programs to pharmaceutical and biotechnology manufacturers. World Courier, which operates in over 50 countries, is a leading global specialty transportation and logistics provider for the biopharmaceutical industry.
ABC, through its MWI division, sells pharmaceuticals, vaccines, parasiticides, diagnostics, micro feed ingredients, and various other products to customers in both the companion animal and production animal markets.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of AmerisourceBergen Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about AmerisourceBergen Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines AmerisourceBergen Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases AmerisourceBergen Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of AmerisourceBergen Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does AmerisourceBergen Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of AmerisourceBergen Corporation?
- How has AmerisourceBergen Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does AmerisourceBergen Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are AmerisourceBergen Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are AmerisourceBergen Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of AmerisourceBergen Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- -- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- -- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- -- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- -- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years