Ameriprise Financial , Inc. is a holding company engaged in providing financial services through its subsidiaries to individual and institutional clients. It offers products and services, including wealth management, asset management, annuities, protection, and others. The company primarily operates in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific. It is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The company operates through five business segments: Advice and Wealth Management; Asset Management; Protection; Annuities; and Corporate and Other.
The Advice and Wealth Management segment provides financial planning and advice, as well as full-service brokerage services, primarily to retail clients through the company's advisors. Ameriprise advisors have access to a diversified selection of both affiliated and non-affiliated products to help clients meet their financial needs. In FY2016, the Advice and Wealth Management segment reported revenues of $5,036 million, which accounted for 42.9% of the company's total revenue.
The Asset Management segment provides investment advice and investment products to retail, high net worth and institutional clients. Such products and services are provided on a global scale through two complementary asset management businesses: Columbia Management Investment Advisers, LLC (Columbia Management) and Threadneedle. Columbia Management primarily provides the US domestic products and services and Threadneedle primarily provides international investment products and services. Columbia Management provides clients with the US domestic individual products third-party financial institutions and unaffiliated financial advisors. In FY2016, the Asset Management segment reported revenues of $2,964 million, which accounted for 25.3% of the company's total revenue.
Threadneedle provides institutional products and services through the company's institutional sales force. International retail products are primarily distributed through third-party institutions. Individual products include mutual funds, exchange-traded funds and variable product funds underlying insurance and annuity separate accounts. The asset management segment also provides services including traditional asset classes, separately managed accounts, individually managed accounts, collateralized loan obligations (CLO's), hedge funds, collective funds and property funds.
The Protection segment offers products to address the protection and risk management needs of the company's retail clients including life, disability income (DI), and property-casualty insurance. Life and DI products are primarily provided through the company's advisors. Ameriprise's property-casualty products are sold through affinity relationships. The company issues insurance policies through its life insurance subsidiaries and the property casualty companies. In FY2016, the Protection segment reported revenues of $2,506 million, which accounted for 21.4% of the company's total revenue.
The Annuities segment provides variable and fixed annuity products of RiverSource Life companies to individual clients. The company provides variable annuity products through its advisors and fixed annuity products are provided through both affiliated and unaffiliated advisors and financial institutions. In FY2016, the Annuities segment reported revenues of $2,463 million, which accounted for 21% of the company's total revenue.
The Corporate And Other segment consists of net investment income or loss on corporate level assets, including excess capital held in the company's subsidiaries and other unallocated equity and other revenues as well as unallocated corporate expenses. The corporate and other segment also includes revenues and expenses of consolidated investment entities (CIEs), which are excluded on an operating basis. In FY2016, the Corporate and Other segment reported negative revenues of $28 million.
The company did not report any geographical breakdown of revenues for the FY2016.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Ameriprise Financial, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Ameriprise Financial, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Ameriprise Financial, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Ameriprise Financial, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Ameriprise Financial, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Ameriprise Financial, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Ameriprise Financial, Inc.?
- How has Ameriprise Financial, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Ameriprise Financial, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Ameriprise Financial, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Ameriprise Financial, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Ameriprise Financial, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years