American Water Works Company, Inc. is engaged in providing water and wastewater utility services in the US and Canada. The company provides approximately 15 million people with drinking water, wastewater, and other water-related services in over 47 states of the US and one Canadian province. American Water operates its business through two segments: Regulated Businesses and Market-Based Operations. The company's regulated businesses segment is involved in the ownership of subsidiaries that provide water and wastewater utility services to residential, commercial, industrial and other customers, including sale for resale and public authority customers. This segment operates in approximately 1,600 communities in 16 states in the US. Its primary operating assets include 80 dams and 81 surface water treatment plants along with approximately 522 groundwater treatment plants, 1,022 groundwater wells, 121 wastewater treatment facilities, 1,284 treated water storage facilities, 1,433 pumping stations, and 49,000 miles of mains and collection pipes.
The company owns substantially all of the assets used by its regulated businesses segment. Additionally, the company also owns the land and physical assets that are utilized to extract, store, purify and treat the source water. In FY2016, the Regulated Businesses segment reported revenues of $2,871 million, which accounted for 86.4% of the company's total revenue. The Market-Based Operations segment includes four lines of businesses such as the military services group, homeowner services group, contract services group and keystone. The military services group has 12 military bases under 50-year contracts with the US Department of Defense for the operation and maintenance of the water and wastewater systems on certain military bases.
The homeowner services group, through its service line protection program, provides services to domestic homeowners and smaller commercial establishments to protect against the cost of interior and external water and sewer line repairs and interior electric line repairs. The company's LineSaver program involves partnering with municipalities to offer its protection programs to homeowners serviced by the municipalities. As of December 31, 2016, the company's homeowner services group has approximately 1.7 million customer contracts in 43 states and the District of Columbia. The contract services group enters into public and private partnerships, including operation and maintenance (O&M); design, build and operate (DBO); and design, build, finance, operate and maintain (DBFOM) contracts for the provision of services to water and wastewater facilities for municipalities, the food and beverage industry and other customers.
The company is party to approximately 43 contracts, varying in size and scope, across the US and Canada, with contracts ranging in terms from one to 30 years. Keystone group is a water management solution company with focus on exploration and production companies in the Appalachian Basin. It primarily provides customized water sourcing, transfer, storage, transport and pipeline construction services for natural gas exploration and production companies. As of December 31, 2016, Keystone served 58 customers. In FY2016, the Market-Based Operations segment reported revenues of $451 million, which accounted for 13.6% of the company's total revenue.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of American Water Works Company, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about American Water Works Company, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines American Water Works Company, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases American Water Works Company, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of American Water Works Company, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does American Water Works Company, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of American Water Works Company, Inc.?
- How has American Water Works Company, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does American Water Works Company, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are American Water Works Company, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are American Water Works Company, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of American Water Works Company, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years