Ameren Corporation is a US-based company engaged in electricity generation, transmission, and distribution businesses as well as natural gas transmission and distribution businesses in Missouri and Illinois.
Ameren operates through four reportable segments: Ameren Missouri, Ameren Illinois Electric Distribution, Ameren Illinois Natural Gas, and Ameren Transmission.
The Ameren Missouri segment includes all of the operations of Ameren Missouri. The Ameren Missouri segment, operating under Union Electric Company, operates a rate-regulated electric generation, transmission, and distribution business, and a rate-regulated natural gas transmission and distribution business in Missouri. Ameren Missouri is the largest electric utility in the state of Missouri. It supplies electric and gas service to a 24,000-square-mile area located in central and eastern Missouri. This area has an estimated population of 2.8 million and includes Greater St. Louis. Ameren Missouri supplies electric service to 1.2 million customers and natural gas service to 0.1 million customers.
In FY2016, the Ameren Missouri segment reported revenues of $3,469 million, which accounted for 57.1% of the company's total revenue.
The Ameren Illinois Company (AIC), which does business as Ameren Illinois, consists of three sub segments namely: Ameren Illinois Electric Distribution, Ameren Illinois Natural Gas, and Ameren Transmission. AIC supplies electric and natural gas utility service to portions of central and southern Illinois having an estimated population of 3.1 million in an area of 40,000 square miles. It supplies electric service to 1.2 million customers and natural gas service to 0.8 million customers.
Ameren Illinois Electric Distribution consists of the electric distribution business of Ameren Illinois. In FY2016, the Ameren Illinois Electric Distribution segment reported revenues of $1,545 million, which accounted for 25.4% of the company's total revenue.
Ameren Illinois Natural Gas consists of the natural gas business of Ameren Illinois. In FY2016, the Ameren Illinois Natural Gas segment reported revenues of $753 million, which accounted for 12.4% of the company's total revenue.
Ameren Transmission is primarily composed of the aggregated electric transmission businesses of Ameren Illinois and Ameren Transmission Company of Illinois (ATXI) and associated Ameren (parent) interest charges. In FY2016, the Ameren Transmission segment reported revenues of $309 million, which accounted for 5.1% of the company's total revenue.
In addition, the company also has Other segment which operates through various other subsidiaries engaged in activities such as the provision of shared services. Ameren also has a subsidiary, ATXI that operates a Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) rate-regulated electric transmission business and is developing the Illinois Rivers project. The three Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO)-approved multi-value projects being developed by ATXI are the Illinois Rivers, Spoon River, and Mark Twain projects. The first project, Illinois Rivers, involves the construction of a 345-kilovolt line from western Indiana across the state of Illinois to eastern Missouri. The Spoon River project is located in northwest Illinois, and the Mark Twain project is located in northeast Missouri.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Ameren Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Ameren Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Ameren Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Ameren Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Ameren Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Ameren Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Ameren Corporation?
- How has Ameren Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Ameren Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Ameren Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Ameren Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Ameren Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years