Amer Sports is a Finland-based company that manufactures and markets sports equipment, apparel, footwear and accessories. The company sells its products to sports retailers such as sporting goods chains, specialty retailers, mass merchants, fitness clubs and distributors. It also offers its products directly to consumers through brand stores, factory outlets, and e-commerce. Amer Sports has sales presence in 34 countries. The company primarily operates across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
The company operates through three business segments: Outdoor, Ball Sports, and Fitness.
The Outdoor segment manufactures and markets winter sports equipment under the brand names Salomon and Atomic; footwear and apparel under the Salomon and Arc'teryx brands; cycling components under Mavic and ENVE brands; and sports instruments under the Suunto brand. In FY2016, the Outdoor segment reported revenue of EUR1,601.8 million, which accounted for 61.1% of the company's total revenue.
The Ball Sports segment is a manufacturer and supplier of racquet and team sports equipment and golf equipment. The company markets these products under brand names such as Wilson, DeMarini, Louisville Slugger, and EvoShield. In FY2016, the Ball Sports segment reported revenue of EUR671.1 million, which accounted for 25.6% of the company's total revenue.
The Fitness segment manufactures and supplies fitness equipment under the brand names such as Precor and Queenax. Its main products include professional gym equipment, elliptical fitness crosstrainers (EFX), bikes and strength equipment. In FY2016, the Fitness segment reported revenue of EUR349.2 million, which accounted for 13.3% of the company's total revenue.
Amer Sports operates its own production facilities in Austria, Bulgaria, France, Finland, Canada and the US. The company’s major production facilities include the winter sports equipment factories in Austria and Bulgaria; fitness and ball sports factories in the US; an apparel factory in Canada; and a sports instruments factory in Finland. Additionally, Amer Sports has major factories in Eastern Europe, which are owned by subcontractors. The company's major distribution centers are located in Germany, Austria, the US and France.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into three segments, namely EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific. In FY2016, EMEA segment accounted for 43.2% of the company's total revenues; followed by the Americas with 42.6%; and Asia Pacific with 14.2%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Amer Sports Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Amer Sports Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Amer Sports Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Amer Sports Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Amer Sports Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Amer Sports Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Amer Sports Corporation?
- How has Amer Sports Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Amer Sports Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Amer Sports Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Amer Sports Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Amer Sports Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years