Amec Foster Wheeler plc designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets across a range of markets, including oil and gas, mining, power, environment and infrastructure. The company offers consultancy, engineering, project management, operations and construction services, project delivery and specialized power equipment services to its customers globally.
The company operates through five business units: Americas; Northern Europe and Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS); Asia, Middle East, Africa and Southern Europe; Global Power Group; and Investment Services.
The Americas is the company's largest business unit. The company supports its customers in consulting, through the engineering, procurement, project management and construction (EPC) project lifecycle into operations and maintenance; and remediation and reinstatement. In FY2016, the Americas segment reported revenues of £2,516 million, which accounted for 45.4% of the company's total revenue.
AFW's Northern Europe and CIS business unit offers services across environment and infrastructure market; clean energy market; and oil and gas market. In FY2016, the Northern Europe and CIS segment reported revenues of £1,497 million, which accounted for 27% of the company's total revenue.
The company's AMEA and Southern Europe (AMEASE) business unit supports oil and gas market; environment and infrastructure; and mining markets. In FY2016, the Asia, Middle East, Africa and Southern Europe segment reported revenues of £1,102 million, which accounted for 19.9% of the company's total revenue.
AFW's Global Power Group business unit offers a full range of steam generator equipment, clean air technologies, aftermarket products and services to the power, industrial, and waste-to-energy sectors. In FY2016, the Global Power Group segment reported revenues of £406 million, which accounted for 7.3% of the company's total revenue.
The Investment Services segment comprised the Incheon Bridge PPP project in Korea and the Lancashire Waste project (which the company exited in 2014). The segment also includes the company’s insurance captive, wind development activities and a range of other non-core activities. In FY2016, the Investment Services segment reported revenues of £16 million, which accounted for 0.3% of the company's total revenue.
AFW offers a range of services across four markets: oil, gas and chemicals; mining; power and process; and environment and infrastructure.
The company's oil, gas and chemicals business supports upstream activity in conventional oil and gas fields, in particular offshore oil facilities, providing feasibility studies, front-end engineering design, detailed engineering, project management, hook up and commissioning, and asset support services. In midstream, AFW support assets focused on storage and transport for both onshore and offshore facilities, as well as gas monetization projects. For downstream customers, the company focuses on refinery projects and chemicals.
The company serves a range of customers including international oil companies, national oil companies and independent operators in Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Africa, the Caspian, Southeast Asia and China. AFW's offerings for the mining market include mining consultancy (including ore resource estimation, mine planning and feasibility studies), design, project and construction management services across a range of mining companies. Terra Nova Technologies is a project group within the Mining business that designs and builds material handling solutions, such as high speed conveyor belts and crushing plants, for new and existing mines.
The company’s power and process market provides full-service engineering, procurement and construction solution for wind, solar, biomass and biofuels projects. The company serves a range of industrial customers, such as the pulp and paper industry with their process, steam and power needs. Also, AFW provides consulting and engineering services, as well as project delivery solutions to industrial customers.
The company's offerings for the environment and infrastructure market include environmental consultancy, engineering design and program and construction management. AFW’s environment and infrastructure business includes water; transportation; civil infrastructure; government; and industrial and pharmaceutical sectors.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into four segments, namely the US, the UK, Canada and Rest of the World. In FY2016, the US segment accounted for 36.4% of the company's total revenues, followed by the UK with 24.1%; Canada with 9.9% and Rest of the World with 29.6%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Amec Foster Wheeler plc in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Amec Foster Wheeler plc listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Amec Foster Wheeler plc ’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Amec Foster Wheeler plc ’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Amec Foster Wheeler plc ’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Amec Foster Wheeler plc operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Amec Foster Wheeler plc ?
- How has Amec Foster Wheeler plc performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Amec Foster Wheeler plc rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Amec Foster Wheeler plc strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Amec Foster Wheeler plc ’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Amec Foster Wheeler plc ? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years