AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. is one of the prominent theatrical exhibition companies. The company's theatrical exhibition and out-of-home entertainment businesses provide filmed entertainment by screening films in varied theaters such as multiplexes, megaplexes, IMAX, and Digital 3D. AMCE is an intermediate holding company operating through subsidiaries, AMC Entertainment and American Multi-Cinema.
The company has operations in the US, Austria, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the UK, Portugal and Spain. The company organizes its business in one single segment: Theatrical Exhibition. AMCE's offerings are classified into Box Office Admissions, and Food and Beverage.
The Box Office Admissions of new motion picture releases are the company's primary source of revenue. As of FY2016, the company operated or held interests in 660 movie theatres having 8,293 screens in the US and 246 theatres with 2,265 screens in the European markets. The company operated 5,070 3D enabled screens, including 196 IMAX screens (3D enabled), and 82 proprietary large format (PLF) 3D screens.
In FY2016, the Box Office Admissions segment reported revenue of US$2,049.4 million, which accounted for 63.3% of the company’s total revenue. The company primarily licenses first-run motion pictures from distributors of major film production companies and from independent distributors. It licenses films on a film-by-film and theatre-by-theatre basis. The Food and Beverage sales are the company's second largest source of revenue after box office admissions.
Food and beverage items include popcorn, soft drinks, candy, hot dogs, premium food and beverage items, specialty drinks (including premium beers, wine and mixed drinks), healthy choice items and made to order drinks and meals, Different varieties of food and beverage items are offered at the company's theatres based on preferences in that particular geographic region. AMCE operates 24 Dine-In Theatres, which deliver chef-inspired menus with seat-side/delivery service to luxury recliners with tables. In FY2016, the Food and Beverage segment reported revenue of US$1,019.1 million, which accounted for 31.5% of the company’s total revenue.
The company also generates revenues from other theatre activities, which include on-screen advertising, fees earned from its AMC Stubs customer frequency membership program, rental of theatre auditoriums, income from gift card and packaged tickets sales, online ticketing fees and arcade games located in theatre lobbies.
In FY2016, the other theatre segment reported revenue of US$167.3 million, which accounted for 5.2% of the company’s total revenue. Additionally, AMCE holds a 17.4% interest in National CineMedia (NCM), a joint venture that markets and sells cinema advertising and promotions; a 29% interest in Digital Cinema Implementation Partners (DCIP), 14.6% stake in Digital Cinema Distribution Coalition (DCDC); 50% in Open Road Films; and a 32% interest in AC JV, owner of Fathom Events. Dalian Wanda Group holds 68.8% of AMCE’s outstanding common stock and 86.9% of the combined voting power of AMCE’s common stock and has the power to control the company’s affairs and policies. Geographically, the company classifies its revenue into two regions: the US and International.
In FY2016, the US market reported revenue of US$3,117.0 million, which accounted for 96.3% of the company’s total revenue and the International market reported revenue of US$118.9 million, which accounted for 3.7% of the company’s total revenue.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc.?
- How has AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years