Ambac Financial Group, Inc. is a financial services holding company. On May 1, 2013, Ambac emerged from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection when the Second Modified Fifth Amended Plan of Reorganization of the company became effective. The company's principal operating subsidiaries, Ambac Assurance Corporation (Ambac Assurance), Everspan Financial Guarantee Corp. (Everspan), and Ambac Assurance UK Limited, provide financial guarantees and other financial services to clients in both the public and private sectors globally. Ambac operates throughout the world, including the US, the UK, Australia, Italy, Austria, and New Zealand.
The company operates through two reportable business segments and one accounting segment: financial guarantee; financial services; and corporate and other.
Ambac's financial guarantee segment is conducted through its primary operating subsidiary, Ambac Assurance, and its wholly owned subsidiary, Ambac Assurance UK Limited. (Ambac UK). Insurance policies insured by Ambac Assurance and Ambac UK guarantee payment when due of the principal and interest on the obligation guaranteed. Ambac Assurance also has another wholly-owned financial guarantee subsidiary, Everspan, which has been in runoff since its acquisition in 1997. The financial guarantee segment includes insurance policies and credit derivative contracts. Ambac Assurance derives financial guarantee revenues from: (i) premiums earned from insurance contracts; (ii) net investment income; (iii) revenue from credit derivative transactions; (iv) net realized gains and losses from sales of investment securities; and (v) amendment and consent fees. Financial guarantee expenditures include (i) loss and commutation payments for credit exposures that have experienced significant credit deterioration and/or default; (ii) loss-related expenses, including those relating to the remediation of problem credits, and (iii) operating expenses.
The company's financial services segment is conducted through its financial services subsidiaries, which provide financial and investment products, including investment agreements, funding conduits and interest rate swaps, principally to the clients of its financial guarantee business. Ambac Assurance insured all of the obligations of its financial services subsidiaries. These businesses are in active runoff, which is being effectuated by means including transaction terminations, settlements, and scheduled amortization of contracts. This segment also maintains interest rate derivatives to mitigate exposure to floating rate insured obligations in the financial guarantee segment.
Ambac's corporate and other segment is an accounting segment and it primarily relates to (i) fresh start items, including the discharge of liabilities subject to compromise and fair value adjustments to assets and liabilities (ii) amounts received by Ambac under the Mediation Agreement and related documents; and (iii) other corporate activities, including interest income on the investment portfolio and accrual of interest on the Junior Surplus Notes issued by the Segregated Account.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Ambac Financial Group, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Ambac Financial Group, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Ambac Financial Group, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Ambac Financial Group, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Ambac Financial Group, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Ambac Financial Group, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Ambac Financial Group, Inc.?
- How has Ambac Financial Group, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Ambac Financial Group, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Ambac Financial Group, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Ambac Financial Group, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Ambac Financial Group, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years