Alumina Trihydrate Market Size, Share, Growth & Forecast (2019 - 2025)
According to the research report, the Alumina Trihydrate Market size is anticipated to reach USD xx billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period 20196 – 2025.
Growth Driving Forces
- Increasing demand for plastics from various end-user industries are expected to drive the demand for the market during the forecast period.
- Availability of some non-toxic substitutes such as Magnesium Hydroxide and Calcium Carbonate is likely to hinder the market’s growth.
- Increasing usage of alumina trihydrate in new applications such as batteries, chemicals, etc., is projected to act as an opportunity for the market in the future.
Increasing Demand for Plastics Segment Driving Major Demand for the Global Alumina Trihydrate Market
- Alumina trihydrate is majorly used in plastics as a flame retardant. Almost 50% of the alumina trihydrate produced is being used in the plastics industry.
- Plastics are being used in different end-user industries owing to the advantages such as low cost, less weight, durable, water-resistant, etc. Some of the major end-user industries include automotive & transportation, construction, electrical & electronics, etc.
- Growing demand for lightweight materials in the automotive industry, in order to provide increased efficiency and design flexibility, is primarily responsible for the growth of the plastics market.
- High-performance plastics offer manufacturers the advantages of design and comparable strength of steel, which helps in reducing the overall weight and controlling greenhouse gas emissions.
- The building and construction sector is the second-largest application segment for plastics. The demand from developing economies, like China and India, is much more than the demand from developed countries, like the United States and the United Kingdom.
- In developed countries, the construction sector is mature, as compared to the construction sector in developing economies, which is growing drastically, fuelled by the growing population and increasing urbanization.
- It is projected that, by 2021, China and India together are expected to account for around 40% of the global construction industry.
All the factors mentioned above increases the demand for plastics from various industries. This, in turn, expected to drive the demand for the Alumina Trihydrate Market during the forecast period.
Scope of the Alumina Trihydrate Market Report:
Alumina Trihydrate is used in applications such as flame retardant, filler, antacid, etc. The market is segmented based on the end-user industry as plastics, coatings, glass, pharmaceuticals, adhesives & sealants, etc.
The report excludes the consumption of alumina hydrate used in the production of alumina and aluminum metals.
Reasons to Purchase This Report:
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The end-user industry that is expected to dominate the market
- The region that is expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market share, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
Segmentation involved in the Global Alumina Trihydrate Market are as follows:
Alumina Trihydrate Market - By Application
- Flame Retardant
Alumina Trihydrate Market - By End-User
- Adhesives & Sealants
Alumina Trihydrate Market – By Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Rest of the World
Regionally, Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market share in 2018. With growing demand for plastics and growing building & construction industries in countries such as China, India, and Japan, the usage of alumina trihydrate is increasing in the region. The market in the region is anticipated to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
List of key companies analyzed in the report are:
- Nabaltec AG
- Huber Engineered Materials
- LKAB Minerals AB
- Aditya Birla Management Corporation Pvt. Ltd.
- Akrochem Corporation
- ALUMINA - CHEMICALS & CASTABLES
- Aluminum Corporation of China Limited (Chalco).
1.1 Scope of the Report
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Study Deliverables
1.4 Research Phases
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness- Porters Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
3.3 Price Trends
3.4 Import & Export Trends
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Plastics from Various End-user Industries
4.1.2 Growing Construction Industrial Activities Across the World
4.1.3 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Availability of Non-Toxic Substitutes
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3.1 Increasing Usage in Batteries and Chemicals
4.3.2 Other Opportunities
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Growth and Forecast)
5.1 By Application
5.1.1 Flame Retardant
5.2 By End-User Industry
5.2.5 Adhesives & Sealants
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.2 United Kingdom
6.3.5 Rest of Europe
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle East & Africa
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.3 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
7.2 Market Share Analysis**
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles* (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, and Recent Developments)
8.1 Aditya Birla Management Corporation Pvt. Ltd.
8.2 Akrochem Corporation
8.5 ALUMINA - CHEMICALS & CASTABLES
8.6 Aluminum Corporation of China Limited (Chalco)
8.7 Huber Engineered Materials
8.8 LKAB Minerals AB
8.9 MAL - Magyar Alumínium
8.10 Nabaltec AG
8.12 Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.