Altria Group, Inc. is a holding company, which has business interests in companies operating in the tobacco, alcohol and financial services sectors. The company primarily operates in the US. Altria also holds approximately 27% of the economic and voting interest in SABMiller, one of the world's largest brewers. The company operates through four business segments: smokeable products, smokeless products, wine and all other.
The smokeable products segment is comprised of cigarettes manufactured and sold by PM USA and machine-made large cigars and pipe tobacco manufactured and sold by John Middleton. PM USA is the largest cigarette company in the US. It manufactures and sells cigarettes under a portfolio of well-known brands such as Marlboro, Basic, Benson & Hedges, Cambridge, Chesterfield, Commander, Dave's, English Ovals, L&M, Lark, Merit, Parliament, Players, Saratoga and Virginia Slims.
The cigars manufactured by John Middleton are marketed under brands such as Black & Mild, Middleton's Cherry Blend, Gold & Mild, Prince Albert and Royal Comfort. The subsidiary also markets pipe-tobacco under brand names including Apple, Carter Hall, Black & Mild, Middleton's Cherry Blend, Prince Albert, Gold & Mild, Kentucky Club, Royal Comfort, Sugar Barrel, Walnut and Wine Berry. In FY2016, Altria’s total cigarette shipment stood at 122,930 million sticks and total cigar shipment stood at 1,403 million sticks. As of December 31, 2016, the smokeable products segment contributed revenue of US$22,851 million or 88.8% of the company’s total revenue.
The company operates its smokeless products segment through the U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company LLC (USSTC) subsidiary, which manufactures moist smokeless products. USSTC's portfolio comprises premium brands such as Copenhagen and Skoal, value brands including Red Seal and Husky, among others, and Marlboro Snus (a PM USA spit-free smokeless tobacco product). Substantially all of the smokeless tobacco products are manufactured and sold to customers in the US. In FY2016, Altria’s total smokeless tobacco products shipment volume stood at 853.5 million units. As of December 31, 2016, the smokeless products segment contributed revenue of US$2,051 million or 8% of the company’s total revenue. The wine segment operates through Ste. Michelle Wine Estates (Ste. Michelle), a producer and supplier of premium varietal and blended table wines and sparkling wines.
It owns many wineries and distributes wine from different regions. The key brands of the company include Chateau Ste. Michelle, Columbia Crest and 14 Hands. Ste. Michelle holds an 85% ownership interest in Michelle-Antinori, which owns Stag's Leap Wine Cellars in Napa Valley. Ste. Michelle also owns Conn Creek in Napa Valley and Erath in Oregon. In addition, Ste. Michelle imports and markets Antinori, Torres and Villa Maria Estate wines and Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte in the US.
In FY2016, Altria’s wine shipment volume stood at 9.3 million cases. As of December 31, 2016, the wine segment contributed revenue of US$746 million or 2.9% of the company’s total revenue. All other segment includes financial services and the innovative tobacco products businesses. The company offers financial services through its subsidiary PMCC. It is primarily engaged in managing a portfolio of leased assets including aircraft, manufacturing facilities, power plants, rail cars and real estate. The segment focuses on managing its portfolio of leased assets to maximize gains and generating cash flow from asset sales and related activities. As of December 31, 2016, PMCC’s investments in finance leases were comprised of aircraft (43%), electric power (28%), railcar (12%), real estate (9%) and manufacturing (8%). Nu Mark, Altria's new operating company, develops and markets innovative tobacco products for adult tobacco consumers. It sells MarkTen and Green Smoke e-vapor products, as well as Verve chewable discs. As of December 31, 2016, the all other segment contributed revenue of US$96 million or 0.4% of the company’s total revenue.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Altria Group, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Altria Group, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Altria Group, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Altria Group, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Altria Group, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Altria Group, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Altria Group, Inc.?
- How has Altria Group, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Altria Group, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Altria Group, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Altria Group, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Altria Group, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years