AltaGas Ltd. is an energy company that is active in natural gas and power infrastructure business. The company operates in Canada and northern and western US.
AltaGas operates through three business segments: utilities; gas; and power.
The utilities segment is comprised of natural gas distribution utilities that serve more than 560,000 customers in Canada and the US. The utilities segment in Canada is composed of AUI in Alberta, PNG in British Columbia, Heritage Gas in Nova Scotia, as well as a one-third equity interest in Inuvik Gas in the Northwest Territories. The utilities segment in the US is comprised of SEMCO Gas in Michigan, ENSTAR in Alaska and a 65% interest in CINGSA, also in Alaska.
The company's gas segment serves producers in the Western Canada Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and includes natural gas gathering and processing, natural gas liquids (NGL) extraction and separation, transmission, storage and natural gas marketing, and 50 percent ownership investment, through AltaGas Idemitsu Joint Venture Limited Partnership (AIJVLP), and two third ownership in Petrogas Energy (Petrogas).
The power segment is engaged in the generation and sale of electricity and ancillary services in Western Canada and the US. It includes 1,688 megawatt (MW) of power generation capacity from gas-fired, coal fired, wind, biomass and run-of-river assets, along with an additional 1,253 MW of assets under development.
AltaGas owns Blythe, which owns Blythe Energy Center, a 507 MW natural gas-fired power plant, associated major spare parts and a related 67-mile electric transmission line in southern California. AltaGas also owns Blythe II and Blythe III.
AltaGas also owns 50% of the Sundance B PPAs, giving it the rights to 353 MW of power output and ancillary services from coal-fired base-load generation until December 31, 2020.
Moreover, AltaGas owns 117 MW of wind power generation capacity, as well as 35 MW of biomass generation capacity, from which all power generation is sold via long-term contracts.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of AltaGas Ltd. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about AltaGas Ltd. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines AltaGas Ltd.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases AltaGas Ltd.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of AltaGas Ltd.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does AltaGas Ltd. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of AltaGas Ltd.?
- How has AltaGas Ltd. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does AltaGas Ltd. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are AltaGas Ltd. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are AltaGas Ltd.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of AltaGas Ltd.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years