Alfresa Holdings Corporation is a healthcare business group. It consists of companies engaged in the wholesale, manufacturing, marketing, and import/export of pharmaceuticals; diagnostic reagents; medical devices and equipment; and other products. The group primarily operates in Japan.
The group operates through four business segments: Ethical Pharmaceuticals Wholesaling Business, Self-Medication Products Wholesaling Business, Manufacturing Business, and Medical-Related Business.
The Ethical Pharmaceutical Wholesaling Business segment of the group is engaged in wholesale of ethical pharmaceuticals, diagnostic reagents, medical devices and equipment, and raw materials. Alfresa and its group companies distribute pharmaceuticals to medical institutions, dispensing pharmacies, drug stores, and other customers. Also, the group, through its medical care delivery system, provides customers with information on the proper use of pharmaceuticals and other products. The group operates its Ethical Pharmaceutical Wholesaling Business through subsidiaries including Alfresa Corporation, Shikoku Alfresa Corporation, TS Alfresa Corporation, Meisho Co., Odashima, Ryuyaku Co., Alfresa Medical Service Corporation, and Kowa Pharmaceuticals Co. In FY2016, the Ethical Pharmaceuticals Wholesaling Business segment reported revenues of JPY2,278,925 million, which accounted for 88.5% of the group's total revenue.
The group sells general pharmaceuticals through its Self-Medication Products Wholesaling Business segment. The operations are carried out through its subsidiaries, Alfresa Healthcare Corporation and Mogi Pharmaceutical Co. Alfresa markets over-the-counter (OTC) pharmaceuticals, health foods, supplements, and other products to its customers such as drugstores and pharmacies. In FY2016, the Self-Medication Products Wholesaling Business segment reported revenues of JPY244,091 million, which accounted for 9.5% of the group's total revenue.
Alfresa's Manufacturing Business segment is engaged in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals, diagnostic reagents, medical devices and equipment. The segment provides ethical pharmaceuticals for neuropsychiatric and allergic disorders, as well as treatments for rare diseases and generic drugs. In the field of infectious diseases, Alfresa market diagnostic kits that aid rapid diagnosis in clinical and nursing settings. In the area of medical devices, the group focuses on surgical sutures, mainly for general surgery, cardiovascular surgery, and plastic surgery. Alfresa Pharma Corporation, Sannova Co., Alfresa Fine Chemical Corporation and Qingdao Nesco Medical Co. conduct the group's manufacturing business. In FY2016, the Manufacturing Business segment reported revenues of JPY22,071 million, which accounted for 0.9% of the group's total revenue.
The group’s Medical-Related Business segment deals with dispensing pharmacy business. The segment operates through subsidiaries including Apollo Medical Holdings and Nihon Apoch Co. In FY2016, the Medical-Related Business segment reported revenues of JPY31,317 million, which accounted for 1.1% of the group's total revenue.
Geographically, Japan accounted for more than 90% of the group’s total revenues in FY2016.
Scope of the Report
- bout the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Alfresa Holdings Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Alfresa Holdings Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Alfresa Holdings Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Alfresa Holdings Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Alfresa Holdings Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Alfresa Holdings Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Alfresa Holdings Corporation?
- How has Alfresa Holdings Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Alfresa Holdings Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Alfresa Holdings Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Alfresa Holdings Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Alfresa Holdings Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years