ALFA, S.A.B. de C.V. is a Mexican company that produces and markets aluminum engine components for the automotive industry, as well as polyesters, petrochemicals, processed meats, and cheese. In addition, it provides telecom and IT services.
It has 127 production facilities in 27 countries in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. The company's products are marketed in more than 45 countries across the world. Alfa operates through five operating business segments: Sigma, Alpek, Nemak, Alestra, and Newpek. Sigma is one of the largest producers of processed meats market in North America and cheese in Mexico.
Its main products include processed meat, cheese, yogurt, and prepared meals. Sigma has 67 plants in 13 countries. It has a production capacity of 1 million tons per year. As of December 31, 2016, the Sigma segment recorded revenues of MXN106,341 million ($5,569.2 million) in FY2016, an increase of 13.7% over FY2015. Alpek operates in the petrochemical and synthetic fibers industry. It is engaged in the production of polyester (PTA, PET, and fibers), plastics and specialty chemicals (polypropylene, EPS, polyurethanes, and caprolactam). Alpek operates through 23 plants in six countries.
The Alpek segment recorded revenues of MXN90,192 million ($4,723.5 million) in FY2016, an increase of 7.9% as compared to FY2015. Nemak is one of the world's leading manufacturers of high-tech aluminum auto components for the global automotive industry. Its main products include aluminum heads and blocks for gas, and diesel engines; transmission parts; and structural components.
Nemak has 36 plants in 16 countries. The Nemak segment recorded revenues of MXN79,244 million ($4,150.1 million) in FY2016, an increase of 11.8% over FY2015. Axtel is one of the leading companies in information technology and telecommunications services for the enterprise segment in Mexico. It provides data transmission, data centers, services in the cloud, information security, as well as managed and consultancy services, vertical applications for specific industries. Axtel has presence only in Mexico. The Axtel segment recorded revenues of MXN13,744 million ($719.8 million) in FY2016, an increase of 123% over FY2015. Newpek is engaged in the exploration and exploitation of natural gas and hydrocarbon fields in the US and Mexico.
The average production of Newpek is approximately 7,200 barrels of oil equivalent per day (BOED). The Newpek segment recorded revenues of MXN1,991 million ($104.3 million) in FY2016, a decrease of 8.7% as compared to FY2015. Additionally, the company other segments and eliminations include all other companies operating in business services and others which are non-reportable segments.
The other segments and eliminations segment recorded revenues of MXN2,270 million ($118.9 million) in FY2016, an increase of 19% over FY2015. Geographically, Mexico, Alfa's largest geographic market, accounted for 44% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from Mexico reached MXN129,182 million ($6,765.4 million) in FY2016, an increase of 46.5% as compared to FY2015. The US accounted for 24.3% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from the US reached MXN71,646 million ($3,752.2 million) in FY2016, a decrease of 15.8% as compared to FY2015. Canada accounted for 0.9% of the total revenues in FY2016.
Revenues from Canada reached MXN2,801 million ($146.7 million) in FY2016, an increase of 37.2% over FY2015. Central and South America accounted for 5.7% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from Central and South America reached MXN16,761 million ($877.8 million) in FY2016, an increase of 24.1% over FY2015. Other countries accounted for 25.1% of the total revenues in FY2016. Revenues from other countries reached MXN73,788 million ($3,864.4 million) in FY2016, an increase of 5.5% over FY2015.
The scope of the ALFA, S.A.B. de C.V. Company Profile Report:
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of ALFA, S.A.B. de C.V. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about ALFA, S.A.B. de C.V. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with the description of individual products/services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines ALFA, S.A.B. de C.V.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases ALFA, S.A.B. de C.V.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment, and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of ALFA, S.A.B. de C.V. ’s corporate goals, and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives, and Deals have undertaken by the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered for ALFA, S.A.B. de C.V. Company Profile Report:
- What domain does ALFA, S.A.B. de C.V. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of ALFA, S.A.B. de C.V.?
- How has ALFA, S.A.B. de C.V. performed financially from 2013?
- How does ALFA, S.A.B. de C.V. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are ALFA, S.A.B. de C.V. strengths, and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are ALFA, S.A.B. de C.V.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of ALFA, S.A.B. de C.V.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy ALFA, S.A.B. de C.V. Company Profile Report:
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years