Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a US-based biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients with devastating and ultra-rare disorders through the innovation, development and commercialization of life-transforming therapeutic products. The company operates in the US, Europe, Asia Pacific, and other regions of the world.
The company operates in one reportable segment: innovation, development and commercialization of life-transforming therapeutic products.
Alexion's marketed products include Soliris (eculizumab), Strensiq (asfotase alfa), and Kanuma (sebelipase alfa).
Soliris is designed to inhibit a specific aspect of the complement component of the immune system and thereby treat inflammation associated with chronic disorders in several therapeutic areas, including hematology, nephrology, neurology and transplant rejection. It is approved for the treatment of paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), an ultra-rare and life-threatening blood disorder; and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), an ultra-rare and life-threatening genetic disease. Soliris is approved for the treatment of pediatric and adult patients with aHUS in the US, Europe and Japan. In FY2016, Soliris reported net sales of $2,843 million, which accounted for 92.2% of the company's net product sales*.
Strensiq is an innovative enzyme replacement therapy approved in the US for the treatment of patients with perinatal/infantile- and juvenile-onset hypophosphatasia (HPP). Strensiq is also approved in the European Union (EU), Japan and Canada. In FY2016, Strensiq reported net sales of $210 million, which accounted for 6.8% of the company's net product sales*.
Kanuma, a recombinant form of the human lysosomal acid lipase (LAL) enzyme, is an enzyme therapy approved for the treatment for patients with lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). Kanuma is approved in the US, EU and Japan. In FY2016, Kanuma reported net sales of $29 million, which accounted for 0.9% of the company's net product sales*.
Alexion has several pipeline products, which are under various phases. It is developing Soliris (eculizumab), for the treatment of refractory generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG), and relapsing neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder (both being neurological disorders); cPMP (ALXN1101), for curing molybdenum cofactor deficiency (MoCD) disease type A (MoCD Type A), a metabolic disorder; SBC-103, for the treatment of mucopolysaccharidosis IIIB (MPS IIIB), an ultra-rare, devastating and life-threatening disease, a metabolic disorder; ALXN1210 (IV), a next generation complement inhibitor for the treatment of patients with PNH and aHUS; and ALXN1210 (Subcutaneous), a next generation complement inhibitor.
The company relies on internal manufacturing facilities and third party contract manufacturers, including Lonza Group and its affiliates, to supply clinical and commercial quantities of Alexion’s commercial products and product candidates. Alexion’s internal manufacturing facilities include its Ireland manufacturing facilities, its Rhode Island manufacturing facility (ARIMF), and facilities in Massachusetts and Georgia.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into four segments, namely the US, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of World. In FY2016, the US segment accounted for 40.8% of the company's net product sales*, followed by Europe with 31.2%; Asia Pacific with 10.3%; and Rest of World with 17.7%.
* As reported by the company.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.?
- How has Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years