Alere Inc. is engaged in developing, manufacturing and marketing of consumer and professional medical diagnostic products. The company has presence in approximately 30 countries. The company operates through three business segments: Professional Diagnostics, Consumer Diagnostics, and Other Non-Reportable.
The Professional Diagnostics segment includes an array of rapid diagnostic test products and other in vitro diagnostic tests marketed to medical professionals and laboratories for detection of diseases. Professional diagnostics are generally designed to assist medical professionals in both preventative and interventional medicine, and include testing and monitoring performed in hospitals, laboratories and doctors' offices and patient self-testing.
The company's current professional diagnostic products include point-of-care and laboratory tests sold within its focus areas of infectious disease, cardiometabolic disease, and toxicology. In FY2016, the Professional Diagnostics segment reported revenues of $2,159.7 million, which accounted for 90.9% of the company's total revenue.
The Consumer Diagnostics segment consists primarily of manufacturing operations related to the company's role as the exclusive manufacturer of products for Swiss Precision Diagnostics (SPD), its 50/50 joint venture with The Procter & Gamble Company (P&G). The segment's consumer diagnostic products consist of its First Check brand of over-the-counter drug tests for at-home testing for up to seven illicit drugs and five prescription drugs, as well as First Check brand over-the-counter tests for cholesterol monitoring. The company markets and sells its First Check consumer drug testing products in the US through retail drug stores, drug wholesalers, groceries and mass merchandisers. In FY2016, the Consumer Diagnostics segment reported revenues of $74.2 million, which accounted for 3.1% of the company's total revenue. Other Non-Reportable segment of the company consists of Alere Home Monitoring business.
Alere Home Monitoring business offers patient self-testing services. These services support anticoagulation management through frequent self-testing by patients (using various third-party PT/INR coagulation monitors) who take warfarin to control their risk for stroke and clotting disorders.
These services are designed to provide physicians with data that allow them to make decisions in real time, deliver quality care, and put the individuals they treat on a pathway to better health. Alere Home Monitoring assists patients in acquiring home INR (international normalized ratio) monitors and with insurance coverage determinations and provides physicians with a model that allows them to incorporate patient self-testing into their practices. In FY2016, the Other Non-Reportable segment reported revenues of $142.5 million, which accounted for 6% of the company's total revenue. Geographically, the company classifies its operations into three segments, namely the US, Europe, and Elsewhere (includes, among many others, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Brazil, Canada, Uganda and Nigeria). In FY2016, the US segment accounted for 54.5% of the company's total revenues, followed by Europe with 16.9%; and Elsewhere with 28.6%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Alere Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Alere Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Alere Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Alere Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Alere Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Alere Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Alere Inc.?
- How has Alere Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Alere Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Alere Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Alere Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Alere Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years