Albemarle Corporation is an integrated manufacturer and marketer of specialty chemicals. The company specializes in the production and sale of flame retardants, catalyst, stabilizers, polymers, resin and various other chemical products. Its products are used extensively in consumer electronics, petroleum refining, construction, automotive, pharmaceuticals, crop protection, food-safety and custom chemistry services. Albemarle mainly operates in North and South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Middle East.
The company managed and reported its operations under three reportable segments: Lithium and Advanced Materials, Bromine Specialties, Refining Solutions and All Others.
The company’s Lithium and Advanced Materials (LAM) segment consisted of two product categories: lithium and performance catalyst solutions (PCS).
Albemarle’s lithium business develops advanced materials for a range of industries and end markets. It is a low-cost producer of the most diverse product portfolios of lithium derivatives in the industry. It develops and manufactures a broad range of basic lithium compounds, including lithium carbonate, lithium hydroxide, lithium chloride, and value-added lithium specialties and reagents, including butyllithium and lithium aluminum hydride. LAM’s lithium business also develop and manufacture cesium products for the chemical and pharmaceutical industries, and zirconium, barium and titanium products for various pyrotechnical applications, including airbag igniters. In addition to developing and supplying lithium compounds, it provides technical services, including the handling and use of reactive lithium products. It also offer recycling services for lithium-containing by-products resulting from synthesis with organolithium products, lithium metal and other reagents.
LAM’s PCS product lines that include polymer catalysts, curatives, organometallics and electronic materials. It manufactures organometallic co-catalysts (such as aluminum, magnesium and zinc alkyls) as well as metallocene components and co-catalysts (such as methylaluminumoxane, organoborons, metallocene compounds, and finished polymerization catalysts comprising these products). It also offers finished single-site catalysts with or without its proprietary ActivCat activation technology and a line of proprietary Ziegler-Natta catalysts under the Advantage brand. Its curatives include a range of curing agents used in polyurethanes, epoxies and other engineered resins.
The company operated a total of 18 LAM manufacturing plants across the globe. In FY2016, the Lithium and Advanced Materials segment reported revenues of $968.2 million, which accounted for 36.2% of the company's total revenue.
The company’s Bromine Specialties Segment includes products used in fire safety solutions and other specialty chemicals applications. Its fire safety technology enables the use of plastics in high performance, high heat applications by enhancing the flame resistant properties of these materials. Its bromine-based business also includes specialty chemicals products such as elemental bromine, alkyl bromides, inorganic bromides, brominated powdered activated carbon and a number of bromine fine chemicals. Other specialty chemicals that it produce include tertiary amines for surfactants, biocides, and disinfectants and sanitizers. The segment offers more than 40 products to a variety of end markets.
The Bromine Specialties segment operated five manufacturing plants across the globe. In FY2016, the Bromine Specialties segment reported revenues of $792.4 million, which accounted for 29.6% of the company's total revenue.
Albemarle’s Refining Solutions segment comprises of two product lines namely Clean Fuels Technologies including hydroprocessing catalysts (HPC); and Heavy Oil Upgrading (HOU) which includes fluidized catalytic cracking (FCC) catalysts and additives. HPC products find application in the upgrading of oil fractions to clean fuels and other usable oil feedstocks and products. Its FCC additives are used to reduce emissions of sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxide in FCC units and to increase liquefied petroleum gas olefins yield, such as propylene, and to boost octane in gasoline.
As of December 2016, this segment operated nine manufacturing facilities across the world. In FY2016, the Refining Solutions segment reported revenues of $732.1 million, which accounted for 27.4% of the company's total revenue.
Albemarle’s All Others segment comprised of three operating segments post acquisition of Rockwood. The three operating segments include mineral-based flame retardants and specialty chemicals, fine chemistry services and metal sulfides. As of December 2016, All Other segment operated four manufacturing facilities. In FY2016, the All Other segment reported revenues of $181.0 million, which accounted for 6.8% of the company's total revenue.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into two segments, namely the US, Foreign. In FY2016, the US segment accounted for 29.8% of the company's total revenues, followed by Foreign with 70.2%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Albemarle Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Albemarle Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Albemarle Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Albemarle Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Albemarle Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Albemarle Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Albemarle Corporation?
- How has Albemarle Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Albemarle Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Albemarle Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Albemarle Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Albemarle Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years