Alaska Communications Systems Group, Inc. (ACS) is engaged in providing communications services to businesses and other consumers in Alaska. It provides telecommunication services and provides wireless operations. The company provides products and services to three customer categories: business and wholesale; consumer; and regulatory services. ACS's provides several communication services to business and wholesale customer category, such as broadband and voice includes voice over internet, session initiation protocol (SIP) trunking service and private branch exchange (PBX) services; and managed information technology (IT) services, including remote network monitoring and support service, managed IT security, Virtual IT and IT professional services, and long distance services.
The company's business customers include small and medium businesses (SMBs), larger enterprises, and government customers that include municipal, local, state and federal government entities, school districts, libraries and rural health care hospitals.
The company's wholesale customers are other telecommunications carriers that rely on the company to provide connectivity for voice, long distance and broadband needs to access customers over the network.
In FY2016, the business and wholesale segment reported revenue of US$136.9 million, which accounted for 60.3% of the total net sales of the company. The company provides voice and broadband services to residential customers. In FY2016, the consumer segment reported revenue of US$37.7 million, which accounted for 16.6% of the total net sales of the company. ACS's regulatory services include access charges (interstate and intrastate switched access and special charges and cellular access); Surcharges (pass-through and non-pass-through); and federal and state support.
It also provides voice and broadband origination and termination services to inter and intrastate carriers that provide services to retail customers. The company provides its services to customers through a network that includes two undersea fiber optic cable systems. In FY2016, the regulatory service segment reported revenue of US$52.3 million, which accounted for 23% of the total net sales of the company. The company's subsidiaries include ACS InfoSource, Inc.; ACS Long Distance, Inc.; ACS Messaging, Inc.; ACS of Alaska, Inc.; ACS of Anchorage, Inc.; ACS of Fairbanks, Inc.; and ACS of the Northland, Inc.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Alaska Communications Systems Group, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Alaska Communications Systems Group, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Alaska Communications Systems Group, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Alaska Communications Systems Group, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Alaska Communications Systems Group, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Alaska Communications Systems Group, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Alaska Communications Systems Group, Inc.?
- How has Alaska Communications Systems Group, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Alaska Communications Systems Group, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Alaska Communications Systems Group, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Alaska Communications Systems Group, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Alaska Communications Systems Group, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years