Aker ASA is a Norway-based industrial investment holding company that has ownership interests in companies operating in energy, environment, fisheries and marine biotech, and finance business sectors. The company operates in Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. Aker classified its investments into two segments, Industrial Holdings and Financial Investments.
The industrial holdings segment comprises of Aker's ownership interests in Aker Solutions, Kvaerner, Det norske oljeselskap, Ocean Yield, Aker BioMarine and Havfisk. Aker Solutions is a supplier of products, systems and services for the oil and gas industry. Its business activities span of products and services including subsea (subsea solutions); drilling technologies; umbilicals (subsea control and power cables); process systems; mooring and loading systems; engineering; maintenance, modifications and operations (MMO); oilfield services and marine assets; and well intervention services. Kvaerner is an engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) company that serves up-stream and down-stream markets.
Det norske oljeselskap is an oil exploration and production company, which is involved in operatorship, licenses and drilling activities in the Norwegian Shelf. Ocean Yield is a ship-owning company that owns marine assets with bareboat agreements within the oil service sector. Aker BioMarine is an integrated biotechnology company involved in krill harvesting and processing activities.
The company sells its products under the brands Qrill and Superba to the aquaculture and dietary supplements markets. Havfisk is a fishing company, which catches cod, haddock and saithe. It is a trawler company with 10 vessels and 29.6 cod trawling licenses. Aker's financial investments segment is managed by the company's central treasury function. The segment manages financial assets of the company that comprises of cash, interest-bearing receivables and other financial assets. It invested in Philly Shipyard and Solstad Offshore. Philly Shipyard designs and constructs vessels, and Solstad Offshore owns and operates anchor-handling-vessels, platform supply-vessels and construction services.
The company's subsidiaries include Det norske oljeselskap ASA, Ocean Yield AS, Aker Solutions ASA, Aker BioMarine ASA, Norron Asset Management, Kaerner ASA, Havfisk ASA, Oslo Asset Management ASA and Finnmark Havfiske AS. Geographically, the company operates through five regions: Norway, EU, the Americas, Asia and Other areas. In FY2016, Norway accounted for 57.81% of the company’s total revenue, followed by Americas (13.23%), European Union (11.47%), Asia (9.72%) and other areas (7.77%).
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Aker ASA in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Aker ASA listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Aker ASA’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Aker ASA’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Aker ASA’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Aker ASA operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Aker ASA?
- How has Aker ASA performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Aker ASA rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Aker ASA strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Aker ASA’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Aker ASA? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years