Akamai Technologies, Inc. provides content delivery and cloud infrastructure services for the delivery of content and applications over the internet. Its solutions cater to the businesses, government agencies and other enterprises. The company operates globally through approximately 60 offices in the US, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
The company operates in one industry segment: providing cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications. However, the company categorizes its offerings based on three solutions: performance and security, media delivery, and service and support.
Akamai's performance and security solutions are designed to take advantage of its core content and application delivery and security technologies to make the internet work better for its customers. The company offers web and mobile performance solutions, cloud security solutions, cloud networking solutions, and network operator solutions.
Web and mobile performance solutions include Ion, a situational performance solution that consists of an integrated suite of web delivery, acceleration and optimization technologies that make real-time optimization decisions based on the requirements of the device, network location and browser. Dynamic site accelerator is designed to help customers experience globally consistent and faster website performance, handling the specific requirements of dynamically-generated content. Global traffic management is designed to ensure responsiveness to end user requests by leveraging the company’s global load balancing technology. Cloudlets are applications that provide customers with self-serviceable controls and capabilities designed to help simplify web operations and improve user experiences.
Cloud security solutions are designed to help customers avoid data theft and downtime, as well as protect Internet-facing infrastructure, by extending the security perimeter to protect against the increasing frequency, scale and sophistication of web attacks. The company offers various services to address the internet security needs of customers, including Kona Site Defender, a cloud computing security solution that defends against network and application layer Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, web application attacks and direct-to-origin attacks; Fast DNS offering, a DNS resolution solution that is designed to direct individuals to customers' websites. Prolexic Routed, a service designed to protect web and internet protocol (IP) based applications in data centers from the threat of DDoS attacks by preventing attacks before they reach the data center; and Client Reputation, which provides an additional layer of protection against DDoS and web application attacks by allowing customers to automatically block requests from IP addresses.
Cloud networking solutions enable consumers to improve enterprise branch office and retail store productivity and revenue by accelerating applications, reducing bandwidth costs and extending the internet and public clouds into private wide area networks (WANs). Through cloud networking solutions, the company offers Cisco Intelligent WAN with Akamai Connect, an integrated solution from Akamai and Cisco for enterprises with distributed branches and office locations; and Steelhead Cloud Accelerator, a cloud management solution that combines internet optimization technology with Riverbed Technology's private WAN optimization.
Network operator solutions are designed to help carriers operate a cost-efficient network that capitalizes on traffic growth and new subscriber services by reducing the complexity of building a CDN, and interconnecting access providers. These offerings include: Aura Licensed CDN, a suite of solutions designed to enable delivery of next generation IP video services delivered to myriad types of devices across the internet; Aura Managed CDN, a CDN solution designed to provide network operators with CDN capabilities through an infrastructure that is maintained by Akamai; and AnswerX, an intelligent recursive DNS platform built for effective management of DNS traffic.
Akamai's media delivery solutions are designed to enable enterprises to execute digital media and software distribution strategies by improving the end-user experience, boosting reliability and scalability and reducing the cost of internet-related infrastructure. Its offerings include media content delivery, media services, media analytics, and NetStorage.
Media content delivery solutions are designed to provide delivery of movies, television shows, live events, games, social media, software downloads and other content across the internet across both fixed line and mobile networks. Delivery solutions comprise of download delivery and adaptive delivery. Download delivery offerings provide accelerated distribution for large file downloads, including games, progressive media (video and audio) files, documents and other file-based content. Through adaptive delivery, the company provides solutions for streaming video content with variable connection speeds, different devices and disparate locations around the world. Akamai media services help simplify the preparation of online media with integrated transcoding, digital rights management and content packaging. Through media analytics, the company offers a suite of analytics tools to monitor online video viewer experiences and the effectiveness of web software downloads, while measuring audience engagement, and quality of service performance. NetStorage is a globally-distributed cloud storage solution for customers' content that offers automatic geographically-dispersed replication for resiliency, availability and real time performance optimization.
Under service and support solutions, Akamai offers an array of professional services and solutions that are designed to assist customers through integrating, configuring and optimizing its core offerings. Special features available to enterprises that purchase its premium support solution include a dedicated technical account team, proactive service monitoring, custom technical support handling procedures and customized training.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Akamai Technologies, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Akamai Technologies, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Akamai Technologies, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Akamai Technologies, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Akamai Technologies, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Akamai Technologies, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Akamai Technologies, Inc.?
- How has Akamai Technologies, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Akamai Technologies, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Akamai Technologies, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Akamai Technologies, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Akamai Technologies, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years