Airports of Thailand Public Company Limited is a Thailand based airport business operator engaged in providing management, operations and development of international airports. The company operates six international airports, including Suvarnabhumi Airport, Don Mueang International Airport, Chiang Mai International Airport, Hat Yai International Airport, Phuket International Airport, and Mae Fah Luang-Chiang Rai International Airport.
In FY2016, AOT served 131 scheduled airlines, which included 123 mixed passenger-cargo airlines, and eight cargo airlines. Air traffic volume at six AOT airports was 776,922 flights, comprising 402,721 international flights and 374,201 domestic flights. The airports handled about 119,923,998 passengers, which included 68,066,701 international passengers and 51,857,297 domestic passengers. Further, the total volume of freight and parcels were 1,407,507 tons, which comprised 1,283,802 tons of international freight and 123,705 tons of domestic freight.
AOT operates through two main segments: Airport Business and Hotel Business.
The Airport Business includes operations of six airports, including Suvarnabhumi Airport, Don Mueang International Airport, Chiang Mai International Airport, Hat Yai International Airport, Phuket International Airport, and Mae Fah Luang-Chiang Rai International Airport.
The Suvarnabhumi Airport is an aviation hub in Southeast Asian region. During FY2016, the airport served 111 scheduled airlines, 107 of which were mixed passenger-cargo airlines and eight of which were cargo airlines. It handled 55,473,021 passengers, including 45,986,092 international passengers and 9,486,929 domestic passengers. The volume of freight and parcels was recorded at 1,263,013 tons of which 1,217,125 million tons were international freight.
The Don Mueang International Airport served a total number of 20 scheduled airlines in FY2016, 14 of which are low cost airlines. The airport handled 34,689,890 passengers, including 11,756,399 international passengers and 22,933,491 domestic passengers. The total volume of freight and parcels was 65,104 tons, comprising 19,666 tons of international freight and 38,305 tons of domestic freight.
The Chiang Mai International Airport provided service for 23 scheduled airlines, during FY2016, with 67,134 flights. This comprised of 17,027 international flights and 50,107 domestic flights. The airport served approximately 9,208,256 passengers, including 2,098,385 international passengers and 7,109,871 domestic passengers. The total volume of cargo freight and parcels was 19,385 tons. This consisted of 1,366 tons of international freight and 18,019 tons of domestic freight.
The Hat Yai International Airport handled 26,862 flights and served seven scheduled airlines, in FY2016. The number of international flights totaled 2,051 and the domestic flights were 24,811. The airport served approximately 3,871,468 passengers, which included 262,009 international passengers and 3,609,459 domestic passengers. The total volume of domestic cargo and postal parcels was 12,349 tons.
Through the Phuket International Airport, AOT served 50 scheduled airlines with a total number of 94,989 flights. Out of which, 48,196 flights were international flights while 46,793 flights were domestic flights. The airport handled a total of 14,722,010 passengers including 7,936,456 international passengers and 6,785,554 domestic passengers. The total number of cargo and postal parcels carried included 41,858 tons, which consisted 27,006 tons of international freight and 14,852 tons of domestic freight.
The Mae Fah Luang-Chiang Rai International Airport provided service for eight scheduled airlines. During FY2016, it handled 14,073 flights, out of which 492 were international flights and 13,581 were domestic. The airport handled a total of 1,959,353 passengers, which comprised 27,360 international passengers and approximately 1,931,993 domestic passengers. The total volume of cargo and postal parcels was 5,798 tons.
In addition, AOT, through its subsidiaries and associates, is engaged in hotel business, duty free retail, hydrant dispenser aircraft refueling service, airline catering services, hotel management and operations at airport, aviation fuel supplies, electronic information exchange service, cargo depot service, aircraft parking area service and aircraft maintenance services.
The Thai Ministry of Finance is the major shareholder with a 70% stake in AOT, while the remainder is held by institutes and retail investors.
The company generates revenues from the departure passenger service charges which reported revenues of THB21,968.2 million in 2016. This was followed by the concession revenues (THB13,620 million), the landing and parking charges (THB6,433.3 million), the service revenues (THB6,161.5 million), the office and state property rents (THB1,992.8 million), and the aircraft service charges (THB786.2 million).
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Airports of Thailand Public Company Limited in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Airports of Thailand Public Company Limited listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Airports of Thailand Public Company Limited’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Airports of Thailand Public Company Limited’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Airports of Thailand Public Company Limited’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Airports of Thailand Public Company Limited operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Airports of Thailand Public Company Limited?
- How has Airports of Thailand Public Company Limited performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Airports of Thailand Public Company Limited rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Airports of Thailand Public Company Limited strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Airports of Thailand Public Company Limited’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Airports of Thailand Public Company Limited? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us