Air Products and Chemicals is involved in manufacturing, distributing and supplying chemicals, atmospheric and specialty gases. The company, through subsidiaries, affiliates and minority-owned ventures, conducts business in more than 50 countries outside the US. APD operates through six business segments: Industrial Gases - Americas, Materials Technologies, Industrial Gases - EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa), Industrial Gases - Asia, Industrial Gases – Global, and Corporate and Other. The company's regional Industrial Gases (Americas, EMEA, and Asia) segment produces atmospheric gases such as oxygen, nitrogen and argon; process gases such as hydrogen and helium; and equipment for the production or processing of gases such as air separation units and non-cryogenic generators.
The company supplies gases to customers in many industries, including those in metals, glass, chemical processing, energy production and refining, food processing, metallurgical industries, medical, and general manufacturing. Also, the gas is distributed to its customers through a variety of supply modes including liquid or gaseous bulk supply delivered by tanker or tube trailer and, for smaller customers, packaged gases delivered in cylinders and dewars or small on-sites (cryogenic or non-cryogenic generators). For large-volume customers, APD constructs an on-site plant adjacent to or near the customer’s facility or deliver product from one of its pipelines. In FY2016, the Industrial Gases – Americas segment reported revenues of $3,343.6 million, which accounted for 35.1% of the company's total revenue.
In FY2016, the Industrial Gases – Asia segment reported revenues of $1,716.1 million, which accounted for 18% of the company's total revenue. In FY2016, the Industrial Gases – EMEA (Europe, Middle East, And Africa) segment reported revenues of $1,700.3 million, which accounted for 17.9% of the company's total revenue.
The Materials Technologies segment, which contains two divisions, electronic materials (EMD) and performance materials (PMD), employs applications technology to provide solutions to a broad range of global industries through chemical synthesis, analytical technology, process engineering, and surface science. It delivers innovation-driven solutions for specific customer applications within niche markets.
This segment employs applications technology to provide solutions to a broad range of global industries through chemical synthesis, analytical technology, process engineering, and surface science. It is comprised of two business divisions: performance materials, which is focused on a portfolio of additives products that provide high value properties at low cost across a variety of industries, and electronics materials, which is focused on supplying critical materials and equipment to the semiconductor industry. The PMD provides a range of products concentrated in the areas of epoxy curing agents, accelerators and catalysts, polyurethane catalysts, surfactants and curatives and specialty additives, including surfactants, wetting agents, dispersants and de-foaming agents. The products are used in a variety of industry applications, including coatings, inks, adhesives, construction and civil engineering, personal care, institutional and industrial cleaning, mining, oil refining, and polyurethanes.
The EMD maintains critical competencies in molecular design, formulation expertise and ultra-high purity chemistry. This division provides the semiconductor industry with high purity process materials for deposition, metallization, chamber cleaning and etching, chemicals, mechanical planarization slurries, organosilanes, organometalics and liquid dopants for thin film deposition, formulated chemical products for post-etch cleaning and delivery equipment and services primarily for the manufacture of silicon and compound semiconductors and thin film transistor liquid crystal displays (LCDs). In FY2016, the Materials Technologies segment reported revenues of $2,019.5 million, which accounted for 21.2% of the company's total revenue.
The Industrial Gases - Global segment includes cryogenic and gas processing equipment sales for air separation. The equipment is sold worldwide to customers in a variety of industries, including chemical and petrochemical manufacturing, oil and gas recovery and processing, and steel and primary metals processing. The segment also includes centralized global costs associated with management of all the industrial gases segments.
These costs include industrial gases global administrative costs, product development costs, and research and development costs. In FY2016, the Industrial Gases – Global segment reported revenues of $498.8 million, which accounted for 5.2% of the company's total revenue. The Corporate and Other segment includes the two ongoing global businesses (APD LNG sale of equipment business and liquid helium and liquid hydrogen transport and storage container businesses), the polyurethane intermediates (PUI) business that was exited in FY2014, and corporate support functions that benefit all the segments. The segment also includes income and expense that cannot be directly associated with the business segments, including foreign exchange gains and losses and stranded costs resulting from discontinued operations.
In FY2016, the Corporate and Other segment reported revenues of $246.1 million, which accounted for 2.6% of the company's total revenue. Geographically, the company classifies its operations into six segments, namely the US, China, Canada, Latin America, Europe and Asia (excluding China). In FY2016, the US segment accounted for 39.8% of the company's total revenues, followed by China with 12.3%; Canada with 2.4%; Latin America with 4.6%; Europe with 26.3% and Asia, (excluding China) with 14.5%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.?
- How has Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years