Air Liquide SA specializes in the supply of industrial and medical gases and related services. The company supplies oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, and other gases to a range of industries including steel, chemicals, electronics, paper, welding, metallurgy, food-processing, and health care. Air Liquide operates in about 80 countries across Europe, Americas, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East.
The company operates through three business segments: Gas and Services; Engineering and Construction; and Global Markets and Technologies. The Gas and Services segment serves large industries, industrial merchants, electronics and healthcare markets. Air Liquide's large industries business line supplies industrial gases by operating major production units, serving customers in the metals, chemicals, refining and energy industries with high gas consumption, requiring delivery through a dedicated plant or pipeline. Large Industries also supplies the company's other business lines.
It has a global network of 365 large Air Separation Units (ASUs), 50 Steam Methane Reformers (SMRs) producing hydrogen and carbon monoxide and 18 cogeneration plants supplying customers with steam and electricity.
The company's industrial merchant business line supplies a wide range of different gases, application equipment and associated services. It operates in five major diversified markets: food and pharmaceuticals; materials and energy; technology and research; craftsmen and network; and automotive and manufacturing. It provides its customers with gases, either pressurized in cylinders, or in liquid state using cryogenic trailers. These gases are used in a range of processes, including water treatment, waste management, recycling, the design of low-energy consumption infrastructures and connectivity.
The company's electronics business line provides gas and services for the production of semi-conductors, flat panel displays and photovoltaic panels. The health care business line of Air Liquide provides medical gases, hygiene products, medical devices and services to hospitals and patients in their homes. It also produces and distributes healthcare specialty ingredients for the cosmetics, pharmaceutical and vaccine markets. The health care business line serves more than 15,000 hospitals and 1.4 million homecare patients worldwide. In FY2016, the Gas and Services segment reported revenues of E17,331 million, which accounted for 95.6% of the company's total revenue. The engineering and construction segment designs ASUs, syngas, synthetic natural gas, methanol, propylene, liquid fuels and biofuels. The engineering and construction business has 15 major engineering centers worldwide based in North America, Europe and Asia. In FY2016, the Engineering and Construction segment reported revenues of E473.8 million, which accounted for 2.6% of the company's total revenue.
The Global Markets and Technologies segment focuses on new markets requiring a global approach. It is comprised of advanced Business & Technologies (aB&T), in charge of opening new markets relating to the energy transition such as hydrogen energy; clean transportation with the use of Bio-NGV and mobile refrigeration with nitrogen, processing and injection of biogas into the natural gas network, and of developing space, aerospace, extreme cryogenics businesses, based on its core technologies.
The Global Markets and Technologies segment is also comprised of Air Liquide Maritime, which is in charge of developing the gas usages by the actors in the maritime sector, namely, offshore oil and gas platforms (construction and maintenance, inerting, support to drilling, analytical services, diving gases), offshore wind turbines, and cryogenic transportation by sea of high value-added molecules, such as helium. In FY2016, the Global Markets and Technologies segment reported revenues of E330 million, which accounted for 1.8% of the company's total revenue. Geographically, the company classifies its operations into five segments, namely France; Europe (excluding France); Americas; Asia Pacific; and Middle East and Africa. In FY2016, France segment accounted for 13.8% of the company's total revenues, followed by Europe (excluding France) with 24.9%; Americas with 35.8%; Asia Pacific with 22.3%; and Middle East and Africa with 3.2%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Air Liquide SA in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Air Liquide SA listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Air Liquide SA’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Air Liquide SA’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Air Liquide SA’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Air Liquide SA operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Air Liquide SA?
- How has Air Liquide SA performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Air Liquide SA rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Air Liquide SA strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Air Liquide SA’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Air Liquide SA? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years