Agrium Inc. is one of the leading providers of agricultural inputs and services. The company produces, markets and distributes nitrogen, phosphate and potash products for agricultural and industrial customers around the world. The company operates in North America, South America, Europe, and Australia.
The company operates through two business units: retail; and wholesale. Agrium's retail business unit markets crop nutrients, crop protection products, seed, merchandise, merchandise and services directly to growers through a network of farm centers in two geographical segments: North America, including the US and Canada; and International, including Australia and South America.
The retail segment's market is primarily retail sales directly to farm customers, but also includes significant wholesale sales of crop protection products to other retail operations. Retail segment supplies the crop nutrients essential to growing healthy plants, including dry and liquid nitrogen and phosphates, potash, sulfur and micronutrients.
The segment's crop protection business markets a broad spectrum of herbicide, fungicide, insecticide and adjuvant products that help growers minimize yield losses and protect crops from weeds, diseases and insects. The company owns and operates numerous blending and formulation facilities including major production facilities in Greeley, Colorado; Billings, Montana; Greenville, Mississippi; Casilda, Argentina; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and two formulation facilities in Western Australia and Victoria, Australia.
In addition, Agrium has an investment in a formulation plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Retail also owns significant interests in several agricultural biotechnology companies through its Loveland Products business. Agrium's seed business provides seed, and seed-related information, to growers across key agricultural regions. It offers its own proprietary Dyna-Gro and Proven branded seed and also procures seed from top global suppliers. The merchandise product category includes fencing, feed supplements, livestock-related animal health products, irrigation equipment and other products.
In North America, Agrium operates more than 1,200 retail locations under the name Crop Production Services (CPS). In addition, the company has 16 primary production facilities, two mines, and an extensive distribution and storage network, in North America. In South America, the company operates 65 retail facilities under the name Agroservicios Pampeanos (ASP) in Argentina, Chile, Uruguay and Brazil. In Europe, the company distributes approximately 0.6 million tons of crop protection products annually through extensive storage and distribution network.
In Australia, the company operates 180 retail facilities under the name Landmark. Agrium's wholesale business unit operates in North and South America and Europe producing, marketing and distributing nitrogen, phosphate and potash products for agricultural and industrial customers. The company is involved in the manufacturing of nitrogen in Alberta, Texas and Argentina as well as mining and processing of potash in Saskatchewan. It is also engaged in mining and production facilities of phosphate in Alberta and Idaho, and marketing the nutrient products from other suppliers in North and South America and Europe. Additionally, Agrium also produces blended crop nutrients including ammonium sulfate and ESN (Environmentally Smart Nitrogen) polymer-coated nitrogen crop nutrients.
The primary end consumer for the wholesale business unit is the agriculture market including, growers of grains, oilseeds and other crops which accounts for about 86% of the total wholesale business sales. Additionally, the majority of the industrial sales volumes come from nitrogen products primarily ammonia, urea, ammonium nitrate and aqua ammonia, produced at facilities in Western Canada, Ohio and Texas, and sold in Canada and the US. The wholesale business unit also has transportation, storage and warehousing network. In total, the company's global distribution and storage capacity amounts to more than 2.2 million tons. The company also uses barges, pipelines and ocean vessels to transport its product. Agrium Europe owns and leases more than 215,000 tons of dry and liquid storage capacity at both port and inland sites. During FY2016, Agrium's wholesale capacity totaled 9.8 million tons; the wholesale production totaled 7.9 million tons; and the wholesale sales totaled 8.7 million tons in FY2016.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Agrium Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Agrium Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Agrium Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Agrium Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Agrium Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Agrium Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Agrium Inc.?
- How has Agrium Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Agrium Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Agrium Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Agrium Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Agrium Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years