AGCO Corporation designs, manufactures and distributes agricultural equipment and related replacement parts throughout the world. The company offers a range of agricultural equipment, including tractors, combine, self-propelled sprayers, hay tools, forage equipment, seeding and tillage, implements and grain storage and protein production systems. AGCO's products are marketed under Challenger, Fendt, GSI, Massey Ferguson, and Valtra brands. The company classifies its business operations into six reportable segments: tractors, replacement parts, grain storage and protein production systems, combines, application equipment, and other machinery. Under the tractors category, the company primarily offers tractors in the high horsepower segment (primarily 100 to 600 horsepower).
The high horsepower tractors are used on larger farms primarily for row crop production. AGCO also offers tractors in the utility tractor category (40 to 100 horsepower). The utility tractors are used on small and medium-sized farms and in specialty agricultural industries, including dairy, livestock, orchards and vineyards. The compact tractors (less-than 40 horsepower) are mainly used on small farms and in specialty agricultural industries, as well as landscaping and residential uses. As of December 31, 2016, the tractors segment reported revenue of US$4,225.1 million or 57% of the company’s total revenue. Through its replacements parts category, the company sells replacement parts, many of which are proprietary, for all of the company's products.
Most of the products can be economically maintained with parts and service for a period of 10 to 20 years. AGCO’s parts inventories are maintained and distributed through a network of master and regional warehouses throughout North America, South America, Europe, Africa and Australia. As of December 31, 2016, the replacements parts segment reported revenue of US$1,211.3 million or 16.3% of the company’s total revenue. AGCO manufactures and distributes grain storage and protein production systems, which include grain storage bins and related drying; and handling equipment systems.
It also manufactures and distributes swine and poultry feed storage and delivery; ventilation and watering systems; and egg production cages and broiler production equipment. As of December 31, 2016, the grain storage and protein production systems segment reported revenue of US$892.5 million or 12% of the company’s total revenue. The combines product line primarily sells combine harvesters throughout the world. It offers a variety of crop-harvesting heads, primarily used in harvesting grain crops such as corn, wheat, soybeans, and rice. As of December 31, 2016, the combines segment reported revenue of US$302.8 million or 4.1% of the company’s total revenue.
The company's application equipment includes self-propelled, three and four-wheeled vehicles and related equipment for use in the application of liquid and dry fertilizers and crop protection chemicals. In addition, AGCO manufactures crop protection chemicals for both prior to planting crops and after crops emerge from the ground. As of December 31, 2016, the equipment segment reported revenue of US$257.2 million or 3.5% of the company’s total revenue. AGCO's other machinery category includes hay tools and forage equipment, including rectangular balers, self-propelled windrowers, disc mowers, spreaders, rakes, tedders and mower conditioners, among others.
In addition, the company distributes implements, planters and other equipment, including loaders; used for a variety of tasks, including lifting and transporting hay crops. As of December 31, 2016, the other machinery segment reported revenue of US$521.6 million or 7% of the company’s total revenue. Additionally, the company produces diesel engines, gears and generating sets under AGCO Power engines division. These diesel engines are manufactured for use in a portion of the company's tractors, combines and sprayers, and are also sold to third parties. AGCO Power specializes in the manufacturing of off-road engines in the 75 to 750 horsepower range. The company distributes most of its products through a combination of more than 3,000 independent dealers and distributors in more than 150 countries. In addition, AGCO provides retail financing through its retail finance joint ventures with Cooperatieve Centrale Raiffeisen-Boerenleenbank (Rabobank). The company classifies its geographic operations into four regions: EAME, North America, South America and Asia-Pacific, which accounted for 56.8%, 24.4%, 12.4% and 6.5% of the company’s total revenue, respectively in FY2016.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of AGCO Corporation in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about AGCO Corporation listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines AGCO Corporation’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases AGCO Corporation’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of AGCO Corporation’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does AGCO Corporation operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of AGCO Corporation?
- How has AGCO Corporation performed financially from the 2013?
- How does AGCO Corporation rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are AGCO Corporation strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are AGCO Corporation’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of AGCO Corporation? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years