Africa soy beverage market is expected to register an estimated CAGR of 5.14% during the forecast period (2018-2023). There is a huge scope for development by launching new beverages, and thus, shifting the focus from the traditional and the most opted beverage, plain soy milk.
Soy beverages are consumed because of the increased availability of soy, and the scientific facts that prove the many health benefits of the beans; including lowering blood cholesterol and reducing the risk of certain cancers. Additionally, soy beverages are consumed as a replacement for lesser-healthy drinks because of its nutrition content.
Soybean-based foods, apart from being a complete source of protein, also contain other important nutrients, such as fiber, B vitamins and omega3 fatty acids. All these nutrients play an important role in the growth of infants, fetal growth in pregnant women, and provide various other benefits for children and adults alike. The rising health consciousness in the developing and developed regions is driving the African soy beverages market. It is a healthy alternative to meat and other animal products and hence, is a good protein source for the vegetarians. However, recent studies on the harmful effects of soy and its derivatives are hindering the growth of the market. Homemade protein rich foods are being opted over processed soy products.
Africa soy beverages market can be segmented into soy milk and yogurt smoothies. They are highly recommended for the lactose intolerant or dairy allergic population. The protein content in soy milk is equivalent to that of cow milk; but, unlike cow milk, soy milk has little amounts of saturated fats and no cholesterol. The soy yogurt smoothie is generally low-fat and hence is preferred over regular smoothies.
The region has some major countries like South Africa and Egypt, where the market prospects are high for consumption of soy beverage. However, other countries like Libya, Nigeria, and Zambia etc. are still in their growing phase and the prospects are high in the near future.
MAJOR PLAYERS: DANONE, ORGANIC VALLEY, KIKKOMAN PEARL SOY MILK, THE HAIN CELESTIAL GROUP, EDEN FOODS, ZENSOY, TRADER JOE'S, JAFFE BROS. NATURAL FOODS, and DEVANSOY, amongst others.
• April, 2017: Danone has completed the acquisition of WhiteWave, which will add and expand the plant-based category along with its soy milk brand Silk.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
• Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
• Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
• Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
• Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
• Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players
• 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
Customization of the Report
• This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.3 Degree of Competition
3.4.4 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.5 Threat of Substitutes
3.5 Consumer Behavior Analysis
3.5.1 Consumer Demand Analysis
3.5.2 Target Market Identification
220.127.116.11 Purchasing Power
18.104.22.168 Demographic Strengths & Weaknesses
22.214.171.124 Spending Patterns
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.1 Soy Milk
4.1.2 Yogurt Smoothies
4.2 By Geography
126.96.36.199 South Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Most Active Companies
5.3 Major Strategy Adopted
6. Company Profiles
6.2 Organic Valley
6.3 Kikkoman Pearl Soy Milk
6.4 The Hain Celestial Group
6.5 Eden Foods
6.7 Trader Joe's
6.8 Jaffe Bros. Natural Foods