Aeon, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in retail operations in Japan, ASEAN countries, and China. The company also offers various services including financial services, property development and leasing of shopping centers, facilities management, and amusement services. By the end of FY2016, Aeon operated 625 general merchandise stores and 274 malls across Japan and in international markets.
The company operates through nine business segments: Supermarket and Discount Store, GMS, Drugstore and Pharmacy, Services and Specialty Store, International, Small-Sized Store, Financial Services, Shopping Center Development and Other.
The Supermarket and Discount Store segment includes supermarkets and discount stores. Aeon manages this segment through its subsidiaries, United Super Markets Holdings, Maxvalu Tohoku Co., Inageya Co., Belc Co., Kasumi Co., Big-A Co., The Daiei, The Maruetsu and Red Cabbage Co., among others. In FY2016, the Supermarket and Discount Store segment reported revenue of JPY3,039,446 million, which accounted for 37.1% of the company's total revenue.
The GMS segment includes general merchandise stores that offer clothing, food and household goods. Some of the subsidiaries in this segment include Aeon Retail Co., Aeon Hokkaido Corporation, Aeon Kyushu Co., Aeonbike Co., Topvalu Collection Co., Bon Belta Co., Aeon Bakery Co., Sunday Co., Aeon Supercenter Co., Aeon Liquor Co. and Aeon Ryukyu Co. In FY2016, the GMS segment reported revenue of JPY2,674,323 million, which accounted for 32.6% of the company's total revenue.
Drugstore and Pharmacy segment offers drugstores and pharmacies. The segment subsidiaries include Medical Ikkou Co., Welcia Yakkyoku Co., Shimizu Yakuhin CO., CFS Corporation, Welpark Co., and Zag Zag Co. In FY2016, the Drugstore and Pharmacy segment reported revenue of JPY592,046 million, which accounted for 7.2% of the company's total revenue.
Aeon's Service and Specialty Store segment provides facilities management services, and amusement services. It also operates restaurants and specialty stores that sell casual apparel, women's apparel, footwear, and others. The company manages this segment through Aeon Delight Co., Zwei Co., Aeon Eaheart Co., Aeon Entertainment Co., GFoot Co., Claire's Nippon Co., Branshes Co., AT Japan Co. and Aeon Body Co., among others. In FY2016, the Services and Specialty Store segment reported revenue of JPY566,383 million, which accounted for 6.9% of the company's total revenue.
The International Business segment includes retail stores in the ASEAN region and China. The company’s subsidiaries in ASEAN region include Aeon Asia SDN. BHD., Aeon Co. (M) BHD., Aeon Big (M) SDN.BHD., Aeon Index Living SDN. BHD., Aeon Vietnam Co., and Aeon Cambodia Co., among others. Its subsidiaries in China region include Aeon (China) CO., Aeon Stores (Hong Kong) Co., Aeon East China (SUZHOU) CO., AEON South China Co., and BEIJING AEON CO., among others. In FY2016, the International segment reported revenue of JPY424,959 million, which accounted for 5.2% of the company's total revenue.
Small-Sized Store segment includes convenience stores, small-scale supermarkets, and specialty stores that sell packaged lunches and ready-to-eat meals. The subsidiaries in the segment include Ministop CO., Origin Toshu CO., and My Basket CO. In FY2016, the Small-Sized Store segment reported revenue of JPY371,189 million, which accounted for 4.5% of the company's total revenue.
The Financial Services segment includes credit card, fee and banking business. The key subsidiaries in this segment include Aeon Financial Service Co., Aeon Credit Service (Asia) Co., Aeon REIT Investment Corporation, Aeon Housing Loan Service Co., FeliCa Pocket Marketing and Aeon Insurance Service Co., among others. In FY2016, the Financial Services segment reported revenue of JPY319,174 million, which accounted for 3.9% of the company's total revenue.
The Shopping Center Development segment engages in the development and leasing of shopping centers in Japan and Asian countries. In association with other segments, Shopping Center Development segment works to enhance its services and facilities in accordance with the evolving market trends. Aeon manages this segment through its subsidiaries, Aeon Mall Co. and Aeon Town Co. In FY2016, the Shopping Center Development segment reported revenue of JPY204,129 million, which accounted for 2.5% of the company's total revenue.
The Other segment includes digital business. The segment operates through AEON.com Co. In FY2016, the Other segment reported revenue of JPY7,796 million, which accounted for 0.1% of the company's total revenue.
Geographically, the company classifies its operations into four segments, namely Japan, ASEAN, China, and other countries. In FY2016, Japan segment accounted for 91.3% of the company's total revenues; followed by ASEAN with 4.1%; China with 3%; and other countries with 1.6%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Aeon Co., Ltd. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Aeon Co., Ltd. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Aeon Co., Ltd.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Aeon Co., Ltd.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Aeon Co., Ltd.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Aeon Co., Ltd. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Aeon Co., Ltd.?
- How has Aeon Co., Ltd. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Aeon Co., Ltd. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Aeon Co., Ltd. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Aeon Co., Ltd.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Aeon Co., Ltd.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years