Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc. (ASE) is an electronics manufacturing services (EMS) company that offers a range of semiconductor packaging and testing services for communications, computing, consumer electronics, industrial, and automotive markets. The company offers a portfolio of technology and solutions, including integrated circuit (IC) test program design, front-end engineering test, wafer probe, wafer bump, substrate design and supply, wafer level package, flip chip, system-in-package, final test and electronic manufacturing services.
It primarily operates in the US, Asia and Europe. The company operates through four business segments: Electronics manufacturing services (EMS), packaging, testing and others. ASE's EMS segment includes the operations of its subsidiary, Universal Scientific Group (USG). It provides integrated solutions for electronic manufacturing services in relation to computers, peripherals, communications, industrial, automotive, and storage and server applications.
The company's key products and services include motherboards for server and desktop personal computers (PCs); peripherals; port replicators; network attached storage; and technical services. It also offers wireless fidelity (WiFi); session initiation protocol (SiP) and hybrid SiP for communications applications; control boards for flat panel devices; automotive electronic manufacturing services; car light emitting diode (LED) lighting; regulator and rectifier; point-of-sale systems; and smart handheld devices. As of December 31, 2016, the EMS segment reported revenue of US$3,561.6 million or 42% of the company’s total revenue.
The packaging segment offers a range of package types, with a focus on advanced packaging solutions. ASE's packaging types include advanced packages, such as flip-chip ball grid array (BGA), flip-chip chip scale packages (CSP), aCSP (advanced chip scale packages), quad flat packages (QFP), thin quad flat packages (TQFP), bump chip carrier (BCC), quad flat no-lead (QFN) packages, aQFN (advanced QFN) and plastic BGA. In addition, the company provides 3D chip packages, such as MAP POP (package on package) and aMAP POP (advanced, laser ablation type), which enable customers to mount packages more easily. ASE also offers other forms of stacked die solutions in different package types such as stacked die QFN, hybrid BGAs containing stacked wire bond and FC die. It is also involved in providing 3D packages, such as substrate layer modification (2.1D) and substrate interposer (2.5D) through silicon chip stacking. In addition, the packaging segment provides IC wire bonding, including leadframe-based packages and substrate-based packages. It assembles SiP products, which involve the integration of more than one chip into the same package. In addition, the packaging services segment provides module assembly services, which combine one or more packaged semiconductors with other components in an integrated module. The end use applications for modules include cellular phones, personal digital assistant (PDAs), wireless local area network (LAN) applications, bluetooth applications, camera modules, automotive applications, toys, networking, storage, and power management.
The company also provides interconnect materials, which connect the input/output on the semiconductor dies to the printed circuit board. As of December 31, 2016, the packaging segment reported revenue of US$3,866.8 million or 45.6% of the company’s total revenue. The testing segment provides a range of semiconductor testing services, including front-end engineering testing, wafer probing, final testing of logic/mixed-signal/radio frequency (RF)/(2.5D/3D) module SiP/ micro electromechanical systems (MEMS)/discrete and other test-related services.
The company's front end engineering testing services include customized software development, electrical design validation, reliability analysis, and failure analysis. The segment's wafer probing is involved in visual inspection and electrical testing of the processed wafer for defects. The company also conducts final testing of logic/mixed-signal/RF/3D module SiP/MEMS/discrete semiconductors for wired, wireless and mobile communications, home entertainment and PC applications as well as a variety of consumer and application specific integrated circuits for various specialized applications. As of December 31, 2016, the testing segment reported revenue of US$834.3 million or 9.8% of the company’s total revenue. ASE's other test related services include electric interface board and mechanical test tool design, program conversion, program efficiency improvement, remote program debugging, burn-in testing, module sip testing, dry pack, and tape and reel.
In addition, the company provides drop shipment services for shipment of semiconductors directly to end users. ASE’s other segment activities includes substrate production and real estate business. As of December 31, 2016, the testing segment reported revenue of US$221.4 million or 2.6% of the company’s total revenue. In FY2016, the company generated 65.8% of the total revenue from the US region, followed by Taiwan with 14.1%, Asia with 10.9%, Europe with 8.5%, and Others with 0.7%.
Scope of the Report
- About the Company - Historical Details, Current Ownership Structure and basic overview of Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc. in terms of revenue, net income, and operating income.
- Financials - Details about Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc. listing status, annual financial reports (for the past 5 years), key financial highlights and region wise and category wise breakdown of their net revenue.
- Products / Services - Listing of the company’s entire portfolio along with description of individual products / services providing a clear picture of their target audience.
- Company SWOT Analysis - Outlines Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc.’s strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and threats facing the company.
- Recent Developments - Showcases Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc.’s recent developments including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, new product launches, investment and divestment plans.
- Strategic Evaluation - Provides an overview of Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc.’s corporate goals and strategic initiatives and evaluates their outcomes along with outlining any persisting legal issues and outlook of our in-house analyst panel on the particular company.
- Technology Landscape - Details how the company allocates its IT budget across the core areas of its business, CIO/CTO Profile, Key IT Initiatives and Deals undertaken buy the company at present along with outlook.
Key Questions Answered
- What domain does Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc. operate and what are key points about it?
- What is the product / service portfolio of Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc.?
- How has Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc. performed financially from the 2013?
- How does Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc. rank among its peers in terms of revenue and market share?
- What are Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc. strengths and weaknesses and what opportunities and threats does it face?
- What are Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc.’s main growth strategies and how successful has the company been at implementing them?
- What is the in-house technical capability of Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc.? Where does it procure / outsource it?
Reasons to buy
- Report delivered in easily accessible PPT format which can be used to gain insights quickly and further prepare presentations of your own
- Lean pricing structure ultimately giving you vast access to the unlimited knowledge repository of the company profiles at very competitive cost
- 12 hour delivery time fulfilling your urgent requests as per your requirement
- On-demand customization options that can completely cater to your needs by focusing the report onto given specifics
1. About the Company
1.1 History and Basic Facts
1.2 Ownership Structure and Key Executives
1.3 Head Office
1.4 Other Locations & Subsidiaries
1.5 List of Competitors
1.6 Employee Count & Distribution
2.1 Company Type (Listed / Unlisted)
2.2 Annual Statements
2.3 Key Financial Highlights
2.4 Region-wise Breakdown
3. Product / Services
4. SWOT Analysis
4.1 SWOT Overview
5. Recent Developments
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Business Expansion / Divestment
6. Strategic Evaluation
6.1 Corporate Strategy
6.2 Legal Issues
6.3 Analyst Outlook
7. Technology Landscape
7.1.1 Industry Snapshot
7.1.2 IT Spend
7.1.3 Key Information Technology Trends
7.2.1 IT Overview
7.2.2 Key IT Technologies
7.2.3 Recent IT Initiatives
7.2.4 IT Outsourcing Engagements
7.2.5 Key IT Management
7.2.6 CIO/CTO Profile
- About Us
- Contact Us
Fig.1: Company Snapshot
Fig.2: Locations Listing on Map
Table.1: Ownership Structure
Table.2: List of Competitors
Table.3: Annual Statements
Table.4: Key Financial Highlights
Table.5: Region-wise Breakdown
Table.6: Product/Services Overview
Table.7: Mergers & Acquisitions
Table.8: Partnerships, Collaborations & Joint Ventures
Table.9: New Product Launches
Table.10: Business Expansion / Divestment
Table 11: IT Budgets
Table 12: Key IT Management (CIO / CTO)
Table 13: IT Deals undertaken in the past years